Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water that is part of meal/food does not track

ANSWERED

For example,
Meal: Tea with milk, sugar & 240ml water 

- this does not track the water.

Meal: 500ml soup (contains approx 490ml water)

Beer - 1Pint (contains 95% water)

The water content in foods needs to be tracked. If you are getting your 3-4 litres of water from food, encouraging separate and additional water intake can be dangerous and cause water intoxication and can lead to hyponatremia.

I know several people who were quite unwell after drinking 3 litres of water on top of a good dietary input of water (included in foods)

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@NobbyBarnes I haven't personally come across any food app that separates water in food and records it as water. I've used a few food tracking apps over the years and none of them do this. It's just not necessary. 

There are a lot of things that can cause hyponatremia and if this is legitimate concern of yours, you should discuss the possibility of this with your doctor. 

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@NobbyBarnes I haven't personally come across any food app that separates water in food and records it as water. I've used a few food tracking apps over the years and none of them do this. It's just not necessary. 

There are a lot of things that can cause hyponatremia and if this is legitimate concern of yours, you should discuss the possibility of this with your doctor. 

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

I'm also curious.  If I scan a bottle of Arrowhead water 12oz.  It will register as food.  It is water.  It recognizes the barcode and logs it.  However, it logs as food, not as water.  It should add the 12oz to the water intake.  Why doesn't your tracker understand that?  Can you add a scanner to the water portion of the software so you can scan drinks as well and it logs appropriately if logging it as food doesn't work?  I also drink flavored water drinks too.  I understand some have calories, which is great to track... but it is also water intake... which also should be tracked.  Coffee is the same way.  If I have a cup of coffee, most of it is water.  It should be able to track how much water was taken by having that coffee... not just the calories.

Best Answer