Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website changes; mobile display changes

ANSWERED
What happened to the page that listed total mass of macronutrients consumed at each meal and for each day? I was using this information to manage my diet with some precision to achieve ketosis and get the right protein amount. Now the web page is just a repeat of the marginally useful graphs of percentages of calories consumed in different macro categories. It would be useful to have a screen in the mobile app that displays mass of macronutrients as food items are added during the day.
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yea! It looks like the old log page is back with the macros for protein, fat, fiber, carbs and sodium stated in mass (grams). Thank you!

If Fitbit wants to graph something (I do like the visuals, like the circle chart for each day), graph the macros in grams and show net carbs or include fiber as a different color from net carbs. 

If if you want to help the Keto dieters more, show us all our key electrolytes- add K, Mg, Ca from the food log nutritional info. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

I can't find the log page where one enters foods eaten at each meal. I methodically keep record, went on a 3 day juice cleanse - back to eating today and what? the page is gone? Any ideas?

Best Answer
I can't find the detailed food log pate either, and I'm really disappointed
about that. It was very convenient to have the health monitoring of Fitbit
on the same site and mobile app where I'm tracking my diet.

I hope the developers at Fitbit get our message and at least bring back the
log page on the web site. I would also like to see the absolute mass of
macros and key dietary elements (like Ca, Mg, K, and Na) totaled in one
place on both the mobile and web site apps.
Best Answer

I'm very frustrated over the changes to the food log that just occurred today. Previously I could enter 1/2 cup on items but now it defaults to 1 cup and I can't get past it. In addition, it's not user friendly to just enter in today's or yesterday's items as the graph has taken over. I hope they bring back some of the functions or I'll be using another app. 

Best Answer
Agreed, if they don't bring back the ability to log, track and get my
macros in terms of mass (grams of protein, carbs and fat), I'll have to
move to another app, which opens the door to other trackers, as well.
Best Answer

I can't believe they got rid of this, so disappointed!!

Best Answer

Agreed! I need my macros in grams, percentages do not help whatsoever, I hope they don't make us pay like myfitnesspal.

Best Answer

Agreed! I need my macros in grams, percentages do not help whatsoever, I hope they don't make us pay like my fitness pal.

Best Answer
I tried the new method - you type in the food on the search line and select
which meal, not as easy as before and the results show in the bar graph at
the top of the page.

Who thought this was better? I used the chat box to ask how to find the
food log and got some instructions. So at least there is something.

Hope you can figure it out.
Best Answer

@RJM3 how did you use to track Ca, Mg, K on the old website interface? I can only see my sodium intake which is crucial to me with blood pressure!

Now I can't see this valuable information, when I get headaches I used to assess what I ate yesterday and see my sodium intake to make better choices the next day. This is really disappointing from fitbit

Best Answer

I try to be positive about changes. In this case, I'm positive the changes rendered the food log useless. Two important bits of information are missing: fiber and salt. Some like to track grams for macros. 

I look forward to equally useless changes to the step charts so they match the useless app for the phone.

I'm pretty certain Fitbit will say they were responding to consumer inputs. If so, why is there nothing on the Feature thread?

Best Answer

I totally agree. I find I eat better and am more accountable (to myself) when I can plan my meals and will often track and log in the next day's meals in advance. Helps greatly with planning - food shopping, meal prep, eating out and calorie/macro counting. Don't seem to be able to log in advance anymore for future days and very hard to visualise at a glance what you have consumed and whether or not you can afford to splurge a little! I think myfitnesspal will be a better option as Fitbit's new new food log page is so user un-friendly it's a joke!

Best Answer

This new food tracking page is almost useless...  they've taken away so much functionality that it's been reduced to a simple calorie counter.  I was hoping they'd add the macro info from the website to the phone app, but instead they took it away all together.

Best Answer

Hi Matthew and all, I completely agree.  

Yes, if they don't bring back the ability to log, track and get my

macros in terms of mass (grams of protein, carbs, FIBRE and fat), I'll have to
move to another app, which opens the door to other trackers, as well.  The FIBRE was extremely important for my health.  Thanks everyone for sharing as I thought I was the only one! 

Best Answer

Yea! It looks like the old log page is back with the macros for protein, fat, fiber, carbs and sodium stated in mass (grams). Thank you!

If Fitbit wants to graph something (I do like the visuals, like the circle chart for each day), graph the macros in grams and show net carbs or include fiber as a different color from net carbs. 

If if you want to help the Keto dieters more, show us all our key electrolytes- add K, Mg, Ca from the food log nutritional info. 

Best Answer
I guess this is the best approach - to find the good in the change - I did
find myself liking the bar chart and did fumble through the new entry for
daily intake. Maybe we'll get there. No question, we all balk at change
from the familiar. Thanks for your input!
Best Answer

Looks like the old form is back - thanks for the heads up to the commenters and thanks to Fit Bit for listening to us!  

Best Answer

Hi, yes it looks like it's back.  I agree thank you fitbit for listening to us! much appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes