Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you do to make the recipes you have already healthier?

I am curious what works for others in this area. 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

I love experimenting and trying to healthify recipes! Some of my tricks are- cauliflower rice instead of regular rice. Shirataki, spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles instead of pasta. Microwave a banana and stir until it's melted to sweeten oatmeal or baking. If you eat meat swap out beef and pork for chicken, turkey or seafood. Blend veggies into sauces or stock to thicken it. Black bean brownies!! (Really good 🙂 I have more, this is what was at the top of my mind!

Best Answer

I do not use salt in any recipe

No Bouillon for soups. I use water and add more spices cuts down on the sodium and you really can not tell the difference

Also same as stated above on the meats.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hello,

I like to bake or grill rather than cook on the stove top when possible. Unsweetened vanilla almond milk to replace milk. I like to substitute plain yogurt for mayo and thin it out using almond milk for dressings. Rather than white pasta try brown rice and quinoa pasta. Try chocolate almond milk rather than cream and sugar in your morning coffee. Use cottage cheese blended very well with chicken broth and a little parmesan cheese to replace alfredo sauce. I like to use ground turkey rather than ground beef. Use minute oats rather than bread crumbs for fillers in things like homemade burgers, meatloaf etc. Becel vegan rather than butter. For pad thai try spaghetti squash rather than pasta. This is just the start! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Steam your vegetables when you can (I have to start following my own advice on this one).

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer