Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the deal with cottage cheese?

ANSWERED

Everyone who eats cottage cheese, swears how amazing it tastes. I bought some, and I cannot get over the taste or texture. How do you make it taste better? I would like to be able to mildly enjoy some. 

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Hello all! Cottage cheese is a great substitute for common cheese and spreadings one may use for meals throughout the day. Good thing is that it has less fat than cream cheese and it provides us with protein as well. 

What I have been doing is mixing it up with different ingredients. Here you have my three top favorites and simplest (grinded herbs recommended):

• Cottage cheese + olive oil + oregano
  • Cottage cheese + basil + rosemary
  • Cottage cheese + Himalayan Salt + Pepper

If you would like to make a dip out of it, you can add natural yogurt. 

Hope you all enjoy it. Regards!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

@RodrigoMFitbit  Never heard of Himalayan Salt. I found some at Amazon and will be ordering it next time I need something else. Sounds interesting

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@WendyB it is a great addition to your meals. I usually mix it with black, green and red pepper in a jar with grinder. Great seasoning. Please let me know how you like it.

Thanks for posting. Have a nice day 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks for the tip with the pesto @DavideFitbit I tried some fresh red chilli pesto which I picked up at my local supermarket here in the UK and it worked wonders mixed in with the cottage cheese 👍👍

Tony | UK

Ionic, Versa 2, Charge 3 SE, Aria 2, Flyer, Note 9, Android 8.1, Windows 10

Best Answer

Excellent @Tony.r! I'm glad to know it worked out or you. Now that you've mentioned it, I'll make sure to try that red chili pesto. 😱 😁

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer