Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your favorite low calorie desert?

I don't usually eat desert.  But sometimes I just can't resist.   When my sweet tooth hits me, and I don't want to get carried away, I have this quick and low calorie fix:

Dreyers, 1/2 the fat, no sugar added vanilla ice cream, 1/2 cup: 100 calories

Oreo cookie, one, crumbled:  53 calories

Hersheys chocolate syrup, 2 teaspoons: 33 calories

Total: 186 calories

I eat this, in the measuring cup, in small bites.  Very satisfying!

What's you're favorite low calorie desert?

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

That actually sounds REALLY good.

I have thing for "warm" food. Rarely do I want ice cream/milkshakes/etc.,  I usually want hot apple pie or something like that.

SO, because I eat paleo, I tend to cut up a peach, put some cinnamon on it, and put it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. In another bowl I put a table spoon of some sort of nut (usually pecans or walnuts) and a tablespoon of raw honey. Put it in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Then, pour it on top of the peaches.

I would say that's about 250ish calories (I don't count calories). Though it has a significant amount of sugar in it, it's all natural, plus, then nuts have some great fat in it. (AND it's only 4 ingrediants!!)

Competitive Crossfitter
Novice Runner
Getting Better EVERY Day
Best Answer

The same thing could be done with just about any fruit (apples, bananas, pears, etc).

Also, if you're concerned about the sugar and calories in the honey (though, remember, it's RAW honey), you could use sugar free maple syrup (I'm not a fan because it has been chemically altered, but that's just me).

Competitive Crossfitter
Novice Runner
Getting Better EVERY Day
Best Answer
0 Votes

Both of these sound great! I'll have to some this weekend 🙂

I've been sauteeing an apple in a little bit of unsalted butter (maybe 1/2 tablespoon) with some cinnamon. I was too eager the first time I made it and the apples were a little hard, but when the apples soften the natural sugar mixes well with the cinnamon! It's about 120 calories. I bet if you were to add some oats or granola, it could almost be like apple crisp. Yum!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sk_0615 wrote:

Both of these sound great! I'll have to some this weekend 🙂

I've been sauteeing an apple in a little bit of unsalted butter (maybe 1/2 tablespoon) with some cinnamon. I was too eager the first time I made it and the apples were a little hard, but when the apples soften the natural sugar mixes well with the cinnamon! It's about 120 calories. I bet if you were to add some oats or granola, it could almost be like apple crisp. Yum!

That does sound really good! Unfortunately,  I don't eat oats or granola (as they are both grains), but adding some nuts would be great!

Competitive Crossfitter
Novice Runner
Getting Better EVERY Day
Best Answer
0 Votes

Personally, I like to eat Chex Mix - 26 grams contains 110 calories which is great for a healthy dessert. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Plain greek yogurt with 2 Tbsp Elderberry Jam Smiley Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

I usually only do this in the summer and I find it very delicious. I grille a few pieces of a freshly diced pineapple rings for 10min and then drizzle it with some honey and sprinkle some cinnamon. It's really delicious not sure about the calories though!

Here is a similar receipe I found with a twist to my method, if your interested on trying it:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Grilled-Pineapple-Slices/

Best Answer

apple cored (but unpeeled), spilt in half laying cut side up.   sprinkle cinammon over them andput in the microwave for 3 minutes.  When ready, a dollup of plain yogurt.  For some extra protein, spread nut butter over the cut side instead of the yogurt.  Cheap, low calorie, and just like applie cobbler.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A good ones for me are:

1 sugar free fudgecicle

2T cool whip

2t peanut butter

Microwave fudgecicle & PB 10 sec & stir, mix in cool whip

You can eat right then or freeze for later

Apple nachos

Dice up apples drizzle either 1-2t melted peanut butter & a couple mini chocolate chip or 1-2 t Fat Free carmel

1 greek vanilla yogurt & mix sugar free/fat free cheesecake pudding mix or sugar free/fat free orange jello. One is cheese cake which you can eat with fresh strawberrys/cherries maybe crush a graham cracker other is a dreamcicle

Best Answer

Apple nachos...sounds delicious! Thank you for this great idea @SunsetRunner. Smiley Very Happy

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

1 Tbsp Peanut butter

1 Scope cinnamon swirl protein shake mix

1.5 Cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk

No joke it tastes just like a Butterfinger. 

Best Answer

Love it! It's simple yet sounds delicious. Thanks @AgentTalonRobot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sugar free fat free dark chocolate pudding cup with free cool whip. Mix together for a chocolate "mousse"!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kikbxr0903 Does such thing exists?Robot surprised I need to try this immediately! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds good I will try this because I love apples.  Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

One frozen banana, handful of any other frozen fruit, cup (or less) vanilla almond milk, unsweetened. Blend until thick, yum. Maybe around 200 calories but I don't count either. OK, well I am counting now that I have this Fitbit thingie but actually I think it's kind of counterproductive. Mostly I eat vegan things with one ingredient: apple, asparagus, walnuts, etc--with a couple of exceptions (like almond milk.) Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

Apples and peanut butter! How could I live before knowing such a delicious combination existed?? Smiley Surprised

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

1 Banana + 1tbs peanut butter+1 tbs strawberry jam + cup of black coffee = yum! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

1/2 cup of Greek yogurt with strawberries is always a healthy and delicious option! Smiley LOL

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes