Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your favorite low calorie desert?

I don't usually eat desert.  But sometimes I just can't resist.   When my sweet tooth hits me, and I don't want to get carried away, I have this quick and low calorie fix:

Dreyers, 1/2 the fat, no sugar added vanilla ice cream, 1/2 cup: 100 calories

Oreo cookie, one, crumbled:  53 calories

Hersheys chocolate syrup, 2 teaspoons: 33 calories

Total: 186 calories

I eat this, in the measuring cup, in small bites.  Very satisfying!

What's you're favorite low calorie desert?

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

@AtomHF Black coffee, interesting. I never would've thought about adding it. Thanks!

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Frozen banana chocolate peanut "ice cream"   30 calories/ ounce

2 frozen bananas (peeled, cut into 1 inch chunks before freezing)
1/3 dark cocoa powder
3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
1 oz roasted, no salt peanuts
1 teaspoon vanilla extract.

In food processor, pulse the the frozen banana chunks, cocoa and vanilla until smooth. Should be like soft serve ice cream. Add in the chocolate chips and peanuts and pulse to blend. Spoon into a container to freeze. (Or eat it all as soft serve!)

Good way to use up over ripe bananas. 2 oz serving is about a 1/2 cup, but I like to weigh it out. Will be experimenting with other flavors! Good recovery snack after exercise, too!

Best Answer

Awesome recipe @glassgallm! I will try this and maybe also use strawberries intead of bananas, it should be delicious as well hopefully.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Here's another one of my favorites: Mini cheesecake bites. Many variations!  (think cookie sized)  Makes 12:

Plain with no toppings: 53 calores each:

Preheat oven to 325. Prepare muffin tins for 12 servings by placing a cupcake paper in each

12 vanilla wafers (place in center of each cupcake paper)

In a bowl combine with a whisk:

8 oz of non-fat greek yogurt

1/4 cup sugar

1 large egg

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Whisk all until smooth. Divide batter equally by spooning about 2 tablespoons over each vanilla wafer.

Bake about 25 minutes. Cool. Store in refrigerator.

Toppings (calories to be added separately) Diced fresh fruit, a couple of chocolate chips, 1/2 teaspoon of fruit preserves: blueberry, cherry, raspberry......

There are many variations of batter you can make:

For chocolate cheesecake:67 calories each with no topping:

add 1/4 cocoa powder to the yogurt batter. May have to thin it slightly with a tablespoon of milk or almond milk, your call.If you put a large chocolate chip (Ghiradelli is a good one) on each after they come out of the oven it will melt slightly and you can spread it over the top with the back of a small spoon.

For pumpkin, Use ginger snaps intstead of vanilla wafers. use 4 oz of greek yogurt and 4 oz of canned pumpkin. Add 1/2- 1 teaspoon of  pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg,) to batter. Sprinkle top with a little cinnamon/sugar mixture. 80 calories each 

Peanut butter cup cheese cake bites: about 100 calories each, makes 12: Make as above with

8 oz greek yogurt, 1/4 peanutbutter, 1/4 sugar, 1 teasp. vanilla.  After baking, I top these with 3 Ghiradelli chocolate chips, let melt, then spread.

Best Answer

@glassgallm Love it! Smiley Very Happy And it was awesome to include the amount of calories on each, thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I take a cup of frozen blueberries, sprinkle with cinnamon.  Put in the microwave for about a 1 minute, add 2 T of sugar free cool whip and mix.  Its about 126 calories

Best Answer

@addisonla oh my! That sounds yummy, I will definitely be eating that one tonight Cat Wink

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its quite fantastic 🙂   Plus there is nothing wrong with it.   If you use frozen cool whip, its like ice cream with blueberry topping.   I love it because its not overly sweet, nothing wrong with it and it really does the trick for me.

Best Answer

Icecream made of yogurt (natural and without sugar) together with coconuts and blueberries. It has around 120 calories and it is delicious! Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes