Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's for lunch: Take out or brown bag it?

Do you bring your food to work or do you dine out for breakfast/lunch?

I prefer bringing my food but I buy some items in the cafe to supplement. Our cafe has wellness items cheap so I will often buy a fresh veggie for a $1.

“I am my best work - a series of road maps, reports, recipes, doodles, and prayers from the front lines.”
― Audre Lorde
Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

I bring my lunch to work (made the night before).  I have learned the only way to make sure you are eating healthy is to be making your own food.  Unless you are going to a natural foods type place for lunch (that makes healthy food), it's going to be a challenge to eat healthy.  Same for breakfast and even dinner.  Cook your own food is the way to go.  Besides it's much more fun to experiment and try new recipes. 

Best Answer

I take all my own foods to work with me.  This usually includes breakfast and lunch. This way I have control over what I eat.

Best Answer

Always brown bag it !  I go out maybe 1 day out of 10...  both the budget and the waistline are preserved !

Best Answer
0 Votes

95% of the time I bring my own food to work with me.  This includes snacks as well as lunch.  I find that the choices of food by work are not at all healthy, and to eat that way everyday would be pure sabotage.  I was doing that previously and I saw where it got me.  I had to make alot of changes, and a big change is to be in charge of my food.  I log all my food since I got my fitbit, and on occasions when I do go out to eat as opposed to preparing my own food, I can see that the calories are so much higher.  

Best Answer

Brown bag! Got my bento boxes, love my babies Heart

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I always bring my food at work, made the night before. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I always bring mine. On Sunday's I make a big meal so I have leftovers for much of the week. My cafeteria isn't exactly cheap and not too many healthy options.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I almost always bring my lunch beacuse it is far tastier than most anything I could buy. At night, I cook enough food for 5-6 people when I make dinner for the 3 of us. The leftovers get packaged up in lunch containers to be eaten in the next couple of days, depending upon what else we have in the fridge. My coworkers sometimes marvel at my lunches of (Ex: rib roast w/ au jus, mushroom risotto and roasted beets) while they eat their cold sandwiches. 

Best Answer
0 Votes