Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your favorite healthy breakfast?

ANSWERED

We see members of our community posting healthy and delicious recipe ideas on this forum every day, and want to work on compiling some of them into an organized resource for everyone to enjoy! We're kicking things off with the first meal of most of our days: breakfast.

Everyone has their own go-to health eats, so we encourage you to share your own! To participate:

1. Reply in this thread with your favorite healthy breakfast. Try to include specifics like measurements and instructions, or reference the original site/author if it's not your own recipe.
  2. Vote on other posted recipes!

Once we have a good number of recipes, Fitbit's own in-house nutritionist will take a look at the top posts to give them a healthy stamp of approval. We'll then compile everything into a download, and you can get going with some new Community-approved breakfast recipes!

Can't wait to see what we come up with together!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, thanks so much for taking part in this project! We've compiled your top breakfast tips and recipes into this handy interactive infographic! This is a great community effort and we hope you enjoy. Please let us know if you try any out recipes by responding to this discussion, or adding new ones!

Special thanks to our forum contributors @emili @amanda010 @Odyssey13 @kawwana @SweetKumquat @carolynperson @BlancaT @Martin8873 @WendyB @NicoleS @Lacir @GraceFitbit @Julia_G  and contributors from the in-app Community feed, as well as of course our nutritionist @TracyFitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

2 Scrambled Eggs with Cut up 1 1/2 Slice Canadian Bacon.

I always use Salsa on my scrambled eggs and a Side Of Avocado 1/4

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Overnight oatmeal.

equal parts (I use one cup of each) of steel cut oats (or old fashioned oats), greek yogurt (vanilla is nice), milk of choice, eighth of a tsp of vanilla extract, 1 tsp of sweetener. Put it in the fridge overnight and eat hot or cold. I find it's more filling with the steel cut oats. Don't use regular yogurt, as it doesn't thicken like the greek style. Toppings can be added right before eating - blueberries, strawberries, granola, etc.

While this isn't my own recipe, it's based on reading multiple recipes across the internet, including Quaker Oats. Several recipes call for salt and I don't use it or miss it.

EDIT: I forgot that I often put ground cinnamon in it. Made a fresh batch last night!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I'm another oatmeal person, though not as fancy as @Odyssey13 ! I use Ancient Grains Quick Oatmeal which has a nice nutty flavour without adding any toppings etc. I make a 1/4 cup of oats with rice milk and microwave 1 minute and stir and another 30 seconds. It is so yummy I dont need any added sweetners or flavours!

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

2 scrambled eggs made with chilli flakes, spring onions and lots of spinach. Prepped the night before and kept in the fridge for a a quick start in the morning. I keep plenty of frozen spinach in the freezer just in case I don’t have any fresh. Served with two slices of toast. Spicy, healthy and filling!

Best Answer

@Martin8873  chilli flakes and spinach in eggs. I've got to try that!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I run or walk 5 miles every morning. so for me, I need some good carby satisfying calories. Fruit. I am a fruit junkie. you can get every vitamin, mineral, healthy carb and color of the rainbow in one awesome bowl. And every season brings it own special yummy treat. I eat at least 5 different fruits each morning, but not more than 300 calories total. This morning it was kiwi, cantelope and blueberries. the best part my husband grew the melon. With it I have one low fat nutrigrain waffle with sugar free syrup and the biggest cup of coffee you have ever seen. just typing this out makes me want to hurry up and get to breakfast and you know that's something since it is Monday... 🙂

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

I like spinach, eggs and cheese combinations.  For work-school mornings, prepping ahead helps. The simplest is a spinach omelette with the filling made ahead of time. Saute a small onion with some pepper, maybe salt, too.  Then wilt in 7-8 oz fresh baby spinach or 10 oz or more thawed frozen spinach.  Add eggs and cheese each morning and you'll have 4-5 omelettes. Any kind of olives are a nice addition.

The recipe below works well in a slow cooker to make 4-6 servings. If you have a multi-cooker like an InstantPot, you can saute the veggies in the pot, let it cool some then add other ingredients:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/261219/egg-spinach-and-mushroom-slow-cooker-casserole/

Best Answer

@BobGeo thanks for the link - I wouldn't have thought of using my Instant Pot for breakfast! I'll try that out. I like that you can saute in it first, before adding eggs etc. so it's just one pot to wash up.

I'm also an oatmeal junkie as well @Odyssey13  @NellyG! I've gotten really into different grains like quinoa for breakfast or spelt or rye flakes etc. These are good breakfast grain books if you're into that:

@emili yum, that fruit breakfast sounds delicious, I love waffles as well and like the texture of the multi-grain one. 

Best Answer

The best breakfast for me is one that is made from scratch. I know that sounds difficult but it's easy if you have a 3-quart Instant Pot Mini Duo with a yogurt maker! I make my own yogurt once a week. There's nothing like fresh made yogurt made from whole lactose free milk, condensed milk, and whole milk yogurt starter that has 4% milk fat. I use a "cold dump" method from YouTube that is quick and easy - no boiling milk, no waiting for it to cool, no thermometer, just quick and easy. It does require 8 hours of cooking time but I do that once a week. In the yogurt I add fruit, nuts, and a little home made applesauce. The carbs are low and the protein is high. I top it off with jasmine ginger tea made from whole herbs. When I eat this breakfast, I'm well satisfied until almost 1:00 in the afternoon. Oh, my day starts at 4:00 am and I eat breakfast at 5:00 am.

Best Answer

Wow @carolynperson that sounds amazing! I'm going to have to try that. Sounds like it keeps you full for a long time? Have you ever tried to make any non-dairy yoghurt in the instant pot? I had oatmilk yoghurt for the first time the other week - it was okay but not as good as Greek!

Best Answer

Yes. I decided to be adventurous and make my own pecan milk. Sounds great so far, right? Well, I succeeded in making smooth delicious creamy pecan milk. Then I learned something that I didn't know which is homemade nut milk is not good for hot liquids because they'll separate. The nut milks have no emulsifiers or stabilizers like the professionally made nut milks do. Needless to say, it was a hot mess 🙂

So, I am trying with the "cold dump method" of not boiling the milk just putting everything in the instant pot at one time and covering it with a plate not the pressure cover or the glass lid cover. I'll let you know what happens. I've learned that to make the Greek yogurt, you have to strain yogurt several times. That makes it thicker.

Best Answer

Fried eggs with tomatoes and green and two toasts with butter

Best Answer

Oatmeal
1/2 cup of rolled oats
1 cup unsweetened almond milk

Usually, I'll top it with some berries and a touch of peanut butter and drizzle of honey. 
But I like to switch up the fruits (sometimes apple, raisins, peach, etc.) or omit the PB entirely..just depends on the day really.

Avocado Toast & Egg 
1 egg (sometimes 2)
1/4 of avocado (or 1/2 of a small avocado)
1 slice of bread (love a rye for some flavaaa)
Sprinkle of red pepper flakes for some kick!

Toast the bread and spread the avocado onto za toast -- sprinkle some red pepper flakes. Lately, I've really been loving cooking my egg(s) sunnyside up and just placing it directly onto the toast. Sometimes I'll just do a boiled egg or fried just depends on the day. 
 I'll also have some kind of fruit on the side usually. 

Best Answer

My second go-to breakfast is two slices of toast topped with crunchy peanut butter, banana, manuka honey and chia seeds. In fact, I'm eating it right now!

Best Answer

For me it would be a broccoli omelet: 2 eggs with 2 spoons of almond milk, salt and black pepper and some cheese. Sometimes its avocado instead of broccoli.

Additionally, two classic wholemeal bread loaf and for drink, the red fruits smoothies are my favorites. The most easy way to put your hands on antioxidants is fresh berries.

@Martin8873, chilli flakes sounds great. I have to try it too! 😸

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer

Have you tried making egg bites in your instant pot? So easy and yummy. I even freeze mine and just microwave at work. 

Best Answer

Start of the day: 500ml water and a cup of black tea with honey

Hearthy:Black beans, avocado, boiled eggs and salmon with a protein shake 

Sweet:Oatmeal, banana, almondmilk, protein powder, almonds and flaxseed 

Best Answer

1 cup spinach

2 spring onions chopped

1 hot pepper of choice (jalepeno, habanero, serrano, etc) diced

1 Small bunch of Cilantro roughly chopped

3 small cherry tomatoes chopped

2 eggs

Salt & pepper to taste

Mix together in a 2+ cup microwavable bowl, and microwave for 1 minute. Break up formed eggs and stir vigorously. Microwave for an additional 1 minute. Stir and eat!

~160 kcal

Best Answer

@BlancaT I like the breakfast bite idea but need to get a mold for them -- especially after getting an 8 quart IP with room to make more. With the heat of Summer fading I should get started with muffin tins in the regular oven.

Best Answer