Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to eat before and after your workout?

Hi everyone! 

I'm mainly focused on muscle gain, but would love to hear advise from people with different goals regarding what they eat before and after a workout, whether it's for muscle again, weight loss or just for maintaining your weight.  

We know the body needs to recover after a workout session, so what we eat right after we exercise is very important, but it's also important to perform well at the gym or during out training, and many people achieve this by eating the right meal/snack before the workout. 

food 1.PNG

Feel free to share any recommendations on what you eat before and after you exercise! Let us know what your goals is and what you're eating to achieve this! 🍎🥗

food 2.PNG

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

It was very difficult for me to get used to drink coffee without sugar @DanOstin, it took me months but I finally won the battle and got used to it. I even love it now.  😁

Best Answer

Thank you for the information. I think this article can also give some.

Best Answer

Excellent, thank you for sharing this information @Castano! And welcome to the Community forums. 😁 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Before and after work-out has to be balanced but we must know what is myth and fact when it comes to weight loss.

-Low carb diet can lead to low sodium count in the body- it is true

-Low carbs result in energy loss:https://mangoclinic.com/5-popular-weight-loss-myths-debunked-in-2020/

-Intermittent fasting is real

-Rely on nutritional ketosis

-Unprocessed foods are good e.g fish and chicken

Best Answer

Great tips, thank you for sharing those @Elenabey!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have switched to the Cafe Bustelo Cafe con Leche KCups, to transition out of loading my coffee with cream and sugar. Its delicious from the Kurig to the cup to my mouth.

Best Answer

Great suggestion for coffee, thank you for sharing @Kim77😀 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This help me out a lot!

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellent @jawatts! And welcome to the Community forums 😀 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Before my walk I have a slice of toast with peanut butter and a cup of
coffee. After my walk just water and fruit. still new at this!
Thanks
jawatts
Best Answer

That's good @jawatts, I feel like peanut butter gives me a lot of energy! I often have a toast with cottage cheese or just a protein and granola bar. 😛

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've taken supplements before the workout @hrose2, and I did feel that my performance was better when I did, but I've also tried to replace supplements with energy bars or a few other snacks (natural good sources) and the result was the same, and always drink a lot of water!  

I do take vitamins during the day (especially nowadays with COVID), but I haven't really tried to take them right before or after the workout. I'd be great to read about the experiences from other Community members regarding 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

fruits and cereals😊

Best Answer

That's always a good meal for me @vikivikv23!  

Best Answer

not consistent with my workout routine these days but I normally have a bottle full of apple/carrot juice before the workout. as I normally do exercise for 45min, divided in different exercises so to keep myself going  I keep on drinking water (it's cold here rn so I drink lukewarm water & 've also heard that drinking warm water on an empty stomach helps in weight loss). After my exercise, I take a 30-45mins break before having breakfast. Been following this routine on & off and trust me I've lost almost 10kg weight in a year and am actually proud of myself. 😀

Other than this routine I keep on reading weight loss articles and other motivational msgs which motivate me to follow my routine the next morning.

Here is an article motivating you to shed that fat you've been holding on to for too long. 

https://mangoclinic.com/2020s-most-trending-safe-weight-loss-diets/ 

Trust yourself, & believe in achieving your body goals.

Best Answer

Excellent contribution @clarkethomson5! Thank you for sharing your routine, and welcome to the Community forums! 😎 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great tips, thank you for sharing!

Best Answer