Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is iron not tracking correctly? (among other food logging issues...)

ANSWERED

I've been meticulously logging my food intake recently and, when I click the "nutrients" link for any given day, I notice that the iron percentage is vastly overcalculating. 

I dug into the issue a bit further and noticed that, even though I am logging all of the correct information (literally creating each food because the search-based options are largely wrong and/or incomplete), every item is showing an incorrect iron amount in the app. It's probably helpful to know that I'm entering any/all food information through the PC-based portal, given that I prefer the larger screen and full-sized keyboard, and that all information is displayed correctly there--albeit there is no "nutrient" viewer there, which is why I access the app to see that info.

Anyhoo... Does anyone know if there is a fix for this issue?

(As an aside, I attempted calling for "support," but the individual I reached spoke broken English and seemed generally clueless--so that was an utter waste of my time)

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm using an iPad, so perhaps the issue is IOS- instead of iPhone-specific?

Given what I know now about Fitbit's seriously lacking customer and/or technical support functioning, I'm not at all surprised that the company is aware of the issue with no plan to resolve it. That same "nutrient" tab only calculates daily Vitamins A, C, & D, and the minerals calcium and iron, when the actual food logging function enables many more vitamins and minerals to be entered. It begs the question, "Why enable the logging of vitamins and minerals when only a few are being tabulated and displayed for any given day?" Whatever the case, this is also unsurprising given the above, and I appreciate your response regardless.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Randy-S 

I assume you are using an iPhone. If you are, then this is a bug in the Fitbit app affecting all iPhone user. Fitbit is aware of this bug but has no plan to fix it yet. 

Best Answer

I'm using an iPad, so perhaps the issue is IOS- instead of iPhone-specific?

Given what I know now about Fitbit's seriously lacking customer and/or technical support functioning, I'm not at all surprised that the company is aware of the issue with no plan to resolve it. That same "nutrient" tab only calculates daily Vitamins A, C, & D, and the minerals calcium and iron, when the actual food logging function enables many more vitamins and minerals to be entered. It begs the question, "Why enable the logging of vitamins and minerals when only a few are being tabulated and displayed for any given day?" Whatever the case, this is also unsurprising given the above, and I appreciate your response regardless.

Best Answer
0 Votes