Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the budget 1500 when my average calorie burnt daily is 2500 and deficit target is 500?

ANSWERED

Why is the budget 1500 when my average calorie burnt daily is 2500 and deficit target is 500?

I just started using the food planning and this confuses me so much. According to the data, I burn 2500 calories daily on average in the past 7 days, and I have set my calorie deficit target as 500, so why does fitbit say I overate when I've literally only eaten my breakfast and lunch and consumed 1500 calories?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I waited a few days, now it is giving a better estimate of my daily burnt calorie. The tip is to be patient, and don't fret over the inaccurate estimations in the first few days.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

The algorithm takes your deficit and prorates it as a linear deficit throughout the day. Starting at 0 calories at midnight it will look for a deficit of 250 calories at noon and 500 calories at midnight. What was your calculated expenditure at the time you looked at the numbers and at what time did you look?

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I waited a few days, now it is giving a better estimate of my daily burnt calorie. The tip is to be patient, and don't fret over the inaccurate estimations in the first few days.

Best Answer
0 Votes