Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fresh home cooked foods

ANSWERED

I've noticed foods on the food log list are primarily restaurant or branded foods.   I use fresh ingredients to cook at home and rarely if ever go to fast food type places.   I'm having trouble finding equivalent food choices on the food logs.  Also, because I cook from scratch, no barcodes to scan.  How do I get around this?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner you can also create a custom log of items you use most often per cup, oz or whatever the standard measurement is. That was what I did when I was counting calories. I knew how many calories an ounce of every fruit, veg and protein had and I would add them up to make sure I knew exactly what I was eating whether it was soup, stir fry, stew, etc. it is a bit manual in the beginning but after a while it is easy and more accurate in my opinion 

Elena | Pennsylvania

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the forums!

I put the recipe through a recipe builder. Then I will set up a custom record for the recipe name and add the NI to it

I use this one

https://www.verywellfit.com/recipe-nutrition-analyzer-4157076

Look around the forums and join in on some of the discussions! Lot's going on!
Hope to see you around!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner you can also create a custom log of items you use most often per cup, oz or whatever the standard measurement is. That was what I did when I was counting calories. I knew how many calories an ounce of every fruit, veg and protein had and I would add them up to make sure I knew exactly what I was eating whether it was soup, stir fry, stew, etc. it is a bit manual in the beginning but after a while it is easy and more accurate in my opinion 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a little digital food scale.It comes with a book that tells you what calories and nutrients are in everything and i just add them up .

You put your vegetables or whatever on the scale and punch in the book number and it gives you information.

If you buy canned goods or boxed goods the labels will tell you calories for that.

After awhile it becomes second nature and i don't need the scale to get a rough number anymore.

It doesn't have to be exact for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes