Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fuel for a workout

hi all. 

im really struggling with workouts especially spin classes, i seem to run out of energy really quickly

can anyone give me some ideas on what i can eat and when before a class to do it ? im a pescetarian and im afraid i dont like bananas.

basically i need some energy!!! help 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

How bout  a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of milk an hour before ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you getting enough sleep?  And enough rest between workouts?  I know a lot of people ramp up on high carb drinks and caffeine and so on, but that seems to affect me less than making sure that I am not chronically working out and not giving my body a chance to recover.  Also, if you are trying to lose weight - as is true of many Fitbit users - and in a significant daily calorie deficit, you will have a hard time keeping your energy up.

In general, a little food before the class as @Bill_k suggests makes sense, but it may just be that you need a little more life balance between your workouts.

Let us know how it works out.  Cheers.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I am in agreement with @Baltoscott.. it may be less to do with food and more to do with other factors. If you are indeed working so hard and burning through hundreds of calories in a short period of time, you can try oatmeal. It is 100 calories for the packet, you can add things to it based on calories and preference and it will hold you through any workout for hours. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI There,

i have had a problem with sleep for the last year or so, waking up ridiculously early and not being able to get back to sleep so thats probably the main factor , i shall look at tips in the sleep forum 

i do have 2 rest days but not together, ill take wednesday and saturday off 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I occasionally have this issue, but the fix is easy: about 50 calories worth of gatorade diluted into my 24-oz water bottle.

I just need that extra little bit of energy, since I usually do spin on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.

You also may need to make sure you're eating a proper dinner the night before. During a 1-hour class, you're really mostly just using the glycogen stored in your muscles, but if you aren't eating a decent dinner the night before, your body may have depleted some of that overnight. I've had that happen if I didn't eat enough (not carbs, just enough calories) the night before.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried a pre-workout?

Best Answer
0 Votes

if you don't like bananas try to have fresh seasoned juices before workout to boost your stamina,  moreover you could have some dry fruits like cashew nut, almonds, etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes