Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

healthy lunches for a cubicle style job - Ideas wanted

so i recently started my weight loss journey, and i am looking for easy to make and take foods, my current recipe is a chicken salad sandwich on whole wheat and sub the majority of the mayo out for greek yogurt, came out delicious, and its only a few hundred calories per sandwich, so 1 sandwich with 1 cup of the chicken salad and 3oz of carrots and i am FULL, looking for other low cost options that will help me stay full, healthy, and not destroy my wallet!

any tips would be greatly appreciated

btwi am 6'4" and 265lbs, i go for 3 walks daily, 2 10 minute and 1 25 minute, all in all i burn an additional 600 ish calories a day pushing my bmr to around 4000 calories a day burned, and im trying to stay around 2500 to 2800 calories give or take daily, i am aiming for a 35 35 30 split between carbs fat and protien if that helps,

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@TrevorCooper hey there and welcome to the community. I am a big veggie person so my lunches consist of mainly veggies, both raw and steamed. But.. I have discovered premade tune packets that come in a bunch of flavors, are low in calories (vary from 60-110) and are delicious. I add them to my veggie bowl. Because the flavors are varied, it feels like a "new" meal every day. You can have them on bread or in a wrap or in a salad. my son will take the packet and make a street taco out of them. he adds avocado and wheat thins into the pouch and eats it as a snack between gym and dinner. I stock up when they are on sale and we have tons of them now in the pantry. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

i like that idea, meshes well with my chicken salad recipe, due to the fact that i can sub in tuna instead of chicken and still have it be delicious lol, and i did pack carrots, and i intend to start doing like simple salads. do you find yourself feeling hungry before dinner time when using it as a lunch?

Best Answer
0 Votes