Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should i eat what my fitbit tells me too?

so i’m trying to maintain my weight. i’m 5’8. my fitbit tells me to maintain i need 2100-2300 calories a day. i currently have around 1400-1800 a day. i don’t know if i should eat what the fitbit is telling me to have. i don’t know if i’ve been maintaining my weight as i don’t own a scale. the last time i weighed myself i was getting close to underweight so i don’t want to be losing weight. but 2000+ seems like so much. i don’t know if i trust it enough to eat what it recommends me eating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Even though you enjoy the luxury of having to worry about becoming underweight rather than overweight, it would make sense IMO to invest in your own scale, so you don’t have to guess what your actual weight is. If you don’t put on weight easily, I’d say there’s no need to log your intake: just eat based on your habits and hunger cues. If you see your weight is moving in the wrong direction (whether it’s too much up or too much down), adjust your eating accordingly.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi. 1500 cal. is not a lot. it's what a person who is 5'3 suppose to eat to maintain.  If you are 5'8 the day you are eating that amount of calories, you are not eating enough..(maybe you are trying to loose weight?  If you don't trust fit bit's calculation (as i do 🙂 ) you can find other online tools to calculate your weight and height to find out how many cals you need to eat .. (maybe from your last doctor visit)..  I agree it is also super important to get 2 scales one to stand on and one to put food on.. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am a 5'8" woman and eating around 2000 calories a day will be maintenance for me once I'm in my goal weight range. I am also active so that number might increase a bit for me. I agree that you scould get a scale, even a cheap, $20 scale can help you monitor changes in your weight rather than just guessing your weight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

nope, i would always listen to your body over fitbit.. i always get ina  bad habit of listening to fitbits calories and guess what i always end up gaining weight from listening to it. Either that OR it ends up being this "stress weight" and only after a lot of rest will it come off..ridiculous. I find there are 2 ways to eat 1 is stuff yourself like a pig like the fitbit will tell you (not comfortable feeling)and gain stress weight till you rest or 2. listento your body.

100% listen to your body its a lot less annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes