Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using your own recipes

I cook for my WHOLE family and would like to log my food intake properly. I DO NOT want to use my fitness pal app. its a PIA

I need something I can enter all the ingredients IE; 2lbs stew meat beef, 1 12 oz pkg corn , 1 can kidney bean ect ect ect and have it then talley the caories and me being able to enter my portion size in oz or cups or whatever and have it spit it out what it is...

I have had Gastric Sleeve surgery so I eat very little. less than 1/2 a cup most times so it is very important I get a accruate count of calories and protein ect

TIA

Using a Charge 2
Always be yourself, Unless you can be WONDER WOMAN, then always be WONDER WOMAN
Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Is there a reason you are apposed to using my fitness pal? The advantage is there is a huge database of food collected by many users, as well as the ability to scan food when adding to recipes. Or even add recipes from the we automatically. I have tried many ways to track food intake and it has been the best system. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cook for the whole family. I dont mind entering all the ingredients and the amounts but when I go to add my portion it does not give me the option to change the portion size it assumes I ate all 2lbs of meat, 2 lg onions, 2 cans of beans ect ect ect... I eat very little as it is due to gastric sleeve surgery so it is important I log esp my protein.

another suggestion suggested  the app my fitness pal but I dont really want to use 2 different apps

anyone have a suggestion?

Using a Charge 2
Always be yourself, Unless you can be WONDER WOMAN, then always be WONDER WOMAN
Best Answer
0 Votes

Before purchasing my Fitbit I used the loseit! app for logging my food/calorie intake and still do. You can easily sync this app to your Fitbit and it will record your food intake within your Fitbit account. I attempted to use the Fitbit food recorder provided when I 1st joined the Fitbit community and it did not have as many foods recorded and documented as LoseIt! did. I would recommend checking this app out as you can store meals in whole as you prepare them personally and then just check the meal instead of recording individual items each time. This helps with my homemade fish tacos for example... Many ingredients 🙂

Hope that helps with one idea. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

What I do is enter the recipe, each ingredient being 1 line in an empty area (anytime, morning snack) of the logged food.  I then add up the total weight of the recipe.  I then manually enter the dish by name in the database thru food log, enter the name I'll use for the dish in the what did you eat line and hit add new food when it is not found.  I enter the weight of the recipe as the serving amount when adding to the database  and then enter the weight of what I ate for the meal (in how much) to add that to the tracker for the meal.

Or if what you are saying is you keep track of the weight of each ingredient you eat then enter each ingredients as a line of a meal (in the favorites section).

Best Answer
0 Votes