Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you updated your Inspire 2?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am just trying to get a feel whether this update is causing a lot of problems and I know most people do not post when they do not have any problems. I just received the notice on the Fitbit app that a firmware update was available and checked this forum to see if there was any information on the update or if anyone was having issues. I came across the post "Inspire 2 Firmware Update Causing Battery Issues" and there has been several people with issues.

This update (version 1.124.76) is supposed to fix a critical security update so I would like to install it but wanted to hear from other users experience whether the update was good or bad before I install it.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

I updated yesterday and this morning when I checked my sleeping heart rate data, there were large gaps missing. We’re talking 30-40 mins where I was apparently dead. This occurred several times. I’ve consistently worn the Fitbit while sleeping since April and not once did this happen before. 

Best Answer

Just got an inspire 2 to replace my luxe which suddenly died yesterday. Warranty had expired. I think it had similar issues as reports of a lot of them dying over the past few weeks after an update. Glad I checked forum to see issues with inspire update. So I will not be updating even though prompted. Got a good deal on inspire. All this after just having gone through months of issues with food logging in the app. Finally fixed...I hope...knock on wood. I can't afford to install inspire update only to have my new inspire die as well. Will keep my eye on this conv for any updates.

Best Answer

From the posts that I have seen today in this forum it does look like there might be a problem with the update. Still have not seen anyone post that they did the update and are not experiencing any issues yet. As I said most people don't post if everything is going well. I am still going to wait before updating until I see some feedback on the update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated tonight and my inspire 2 overheated and is not right since battery won't charge

Best Answer

I installed the update this morning (took 30 minutes) and immediately after my Inspire quit working.  The watch syncs with my app but the screen is black.  I've tried resetting and nothing. SIGH.

Best Answer

I updated thid morning. The only issue that I've had is it's lost my heart rate. Apparently I'm dead! Lol 

Best Answer

UPDATE on the update.  Spoke to Fitbit Service.  The update killed my display.  While activity tracks on the app I have no clock or wrist tracking visuals.  Inspire is out of warranty.  The response was sorry  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ best we can do to fix what we broke is a 35% discount that can only be applied towards one Fitbit device currently in stock (?) and is NOT applicable to Fitbit Ace 2, Ace 3, Versa 4, Sense 2 and Inspire 3 models.  Doesn't leave many options.  I've been with Fitbit since 2017.  I've had one Fitbit replaced under warranty and had to purchase a new one because the LG phone I had wasn't supported and wouldn't sync.  I think it might be time to check out other trackers.   This update may have fixed some flaws, but it also kinda feels like there was some older version obsolescence built in.  

Best Answer

Yes, my display doesn't work after the update mentioned in the app. It worked fine all day. The watch vibrates when I squeeze the sides but no display. I restarted and got the 'smile' but nothing else on the display. Not very good tech people if updates ruin the watch.

Best Answer

In addition, now Google owns Fitbit. Is this an issue to product support?

Best Answer

Don't update.  My battery died super quickly after the update and when I charged it, it was so hot it almost burned my wrist.   Now it won't connect to my app and it's just displaying the fitbit logo and 001.  Now I have no tracker until who knows when and I and very unhappy. 

Best Answer

Tried updating  , wouldn't Whatever I did 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I only found this thread whilst my Inspire was updating... It's now completed the update and the device appears to work normally. I'll post again if I find any issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, have tried everything, won't even sync now

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer

Update on function the next morning after the 'update'.  The device metrics I originally set up are syncing to the app, however, the screen is still blank.  So the Fitbit is now just a fitness tracker.  Shame on you Fitbit for not thoroughly testing your update release!  I've been with Fitbit since 2016 and this is the first issue I've had.  Thankfully, they are not the only fitness trackers out there.  I will be looking elsewhere now.

(I will replace the battery in my old Citizen watch to have a timepiece on my wrist. At least I will be able to see the face in bright sunlight.)

Best Answer

I started this post because I had seen in the Charge 5 forum that people were having issues with a recent firmware update to the Charge 5. I am glad that I started this post and see that the firmware update is not going smoothly for everyone. I will not be updating my Inspire 2 firmware until I see that the firmware update is going well. I have warned a co-worker  that has an Inspire 2 that she might have issues if she updates. It also appears that there are a lot of different issues after updating the firmware.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue! And I have tries resetting it, turning Bluetooth on/off, uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app and nothing works! 

Best Answer
Hi
I have done everything as well, won't even sync at the moment, only had it since March

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
Bob701,
I'm so glad you did. I should have known better than to trust an update
without checking the Forums first. Lesson learned the hard way. I'm hoping
maybe Fitbit will see the issues and make a fix at some point.
Best Answer

Thanks for posting MartinCo. So far your post is the only one that did not mention an issue. I hope that your device stays working and you don't have any issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes