Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you updated your Inspire 2?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am just trying to get a feel whether this update is causing a lot of problems and I know most people do not post when they do not have any problems. I just received the notice on the Fitbit app that a firmware update was available and checked this forum to see if there was any information on the update or if anyone was having issues. I came across the post "Inspire 2 Firmware Update Causing Battery Issues" and there has been several people with issues.

This update (version 1.124.76) is supposed to fix a critical security update so I would like to install it but wanted to hear from other users experience whether the update was good or bad before I install it.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65
I have done a total factory reset and I think it is back to measuring things properly now. Obviously that means I lost all past data.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated and later that day my screen went blank .its still syncing and taking but nothing  at all on the screen,  which a stinks.  It may still ne under warranty hostess I just had it replaced in may because whilst floating in a lazy river it died. Going to be calling tech support!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated 2 days ago, and do not get a sleep score anymore, or just the basic, and all my settings are correct, I wish I had not updated now

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same outcome after the update. No heart rate measuring, the green light doesn't come on. I wish I came here to check earlier, never expected this from thegiant like FitBit, although I am relatively new to FitBit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry to hear that. I did the reset on the wristband which involves clearing everything and it now works again. Also lots of information wasn’t cleared so o did t lose everything.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

At last I seem to have cracked it, with all the help from the various contributors' suggestions. Factory reboot plus ensuring the setting is Wrist and not Clip has done it for me. What a shame Fitbit are not better at dealing with what is obviously a major glitch.

Best Answer

I’ve installed it, but now my inspire 2s screen won’t turn on, after doing all the things suggested to fix it, still nothing, I would wait

it still tracks everything, but I also use it as a watch and now I can’t. 

Best Answer

This is also happening to me, have you been able to fix it?

Best Answer
Yes I did the clear all data reset on the wrist band. There are YouTube videos on how to do it

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm glad you found a work around. How did you perform a Factory reboot?
Did you contact Fitbit for this?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated my Inspire 2 and afterwards it wouldn't sync with my phone any more. I have a Pixel 5. "Failed to sync" every time.

I tried Bluetooth on/off on the phone, tried rebooting the Inspire. No effect.

I gave up for the day. When trying again the next day it was syncing correctly again. Not much fun but back to normal now. Maybe it's because my phone rebooted itself overnight?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did do the reboot that clears all data. It didn’t actually clear all the data but obviously that was ok.

I didn’t contact Fitbit. They sound pretty useless.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

What I call the factory reboot is the one described in one of the previous posts that involves putting on charger and pressing the side buttons a long time until you get two successive smiley faces.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Done all that, done everything, leaving it as it is while it still works

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer

How do you perform a factory reboot if your screen is black? I have the Tile app installed but unfortunately it won’t link to my Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK. That is technically just a 'restart' of the device.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Shut down the anti-virus motanly.

Antivirus slows down the update until it triggers an error.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wanted to update you all. My own reset didn't work - the battery continued to drain in less than a day. I contacted FitBit customer support. They had me clear the data and go through multiple resets. Apparently with each reset it was partially syncing a little more each time (it hadn't synced since I did the firmware update so it had been weeks). And each sync took a really long time. It now has been working properly for a few weeks so I feel confident that all is working right again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My device was running just fine. I downloaded the new software and I now have nothing on the device screen and it will not hold a charge. I followed all the trouble shooting steps and nothing. Contacted tech support and they did the same trouble shooting...Nothing. They elevated it to a higher level and told me someone would contact me. I got an email saying my battery went up and it wasn't under warranty, oh but here's a 35% coupon code to buy another one. I sent them and email back saying, "your software update messed up my device" and haven't heard anything back. I've been with Fitbit for over 10 years, they need to make this right or I'm going to another company's device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too...

Best Answer
0 Votes