Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track sleep with Inspire 2?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do you set up the sleep tracking?  I have had my Fitbit for about 5 days now. I see there’s 2 ways to set up sleep. One way is hitto begin log,by setting time you go to bed or hitting begin sleep now. Which one of the 2 is the better way?  The begin sleep now shows your sleep score the other way does not. Which one shows rem sleep ? Also should I keep it on normal or sensitive sleep?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

To track sleep, do nothing.  Fitbit figures it out on its own without you doing anything.

The normal and sensitive settings were only for trackers without heart rate monitoring that had to guess sleep by motion.  It has no effect with the Inspire2.

Do not use "begin sleep now".  Again that was just for trackers with heart rate monitoring.

As for setting a bed time, that's just to help you set your routine.  I think it will give you a notice at some time before that to remind you it is time to wind down and start getting ready for bed.  But it has no effect on actual sleep tracking.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @Blueviolet47 and @JohnnyRow, thanks for the input.

I was able to see here that our friend provided helpful information about your sleep inquiry. You can also check the help article: How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device? for more information.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new Inspire 2 is not tracking my sleep at all after three nights. It’s a replacement for the flex two I had for several years which suddenly stopped working so I know how sleep tracking is supposed to work. It records nothing. It also does not record any stairs or heartbeat. The heartbeat tracking I can live without. The stairs tracking I had on my Fitbit one many years ago Until that stopped working. So I’m not new to the Fitbit community, but this one has me baffled. It looks like I have to start and stop sleep mode manually when I go to bed for it to work. I’m not sure what the reference to wrist mode is, but I’ve checked the settings and it’s set for my dominant wrist as my Flex 2 was and I’m wearing it the same way. 

Best Answer

I agree with Iogres0. I had my ONE for just over 7 years. I didn't have to do anything to get my steps, stairs and sleep. I did have to hold the button down at night to start sleep but that was easy. I now have the Inspire 2 and I have to fight with it to get my information. I don't know why companies have to make a simple thing difficult. Now I have to put my sleep in myself every morning. If I hadn't already thrown the box away I would return it.

Best Answer

With the original fitbit, I was able to track sleep and steps, no problem. The Inspire 2 is impossible! And I cannot find anything that helps! I've been wearing it to bed every night, thinking I finally set it properly--still no sleep tracking.

It's confusing and frustrating. I'm ready to return it!!!!!

Best Answer