Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 suddenly not holding a charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Was working fine on Wednesday. Thursday battery was suddenly very low despite being charged fully on Monday. Since Thursday a full charge lasts just a few hours. I tried clean the connectors as recommended but no effect. I got it in March 21, so s couple months out of warranty now but see a rash of similar complaints. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @pellettjm.

Thanks for the update, @SunriseRun510.

@SunriseRun510 @pellettjm I noticed that after your last responses you've been in touch with Customer Support once again. I'm pretty sure they've done their best to provide a high level of support. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @SunriseRun510.

I’m sorry to hear about the battery issues you experienced with your Fitbit Inspire 2. Thank you for the time you spent trying to get them resolved.

For instructions on how to extend your Fitbit device's battery life, please visit this article.

If you followed our recommendations without luck, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

i’ve turned off what I can, rebooted the device, checked for updates- The screen keeps turning off and on draining the battery very fast. I cleaned the contacts, etc. I checked for an app update,  iOS is at 15.6. This is the 2nd Fitbit Inspire 2 I have had in n 8 months! The first on was replaced under warranty after also having charging/battery issues! If this continues I may have to look at other fitness tracker products and cancel my premium subscription if Fitbit can’t resolve this!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @annp1968.

Thank you for informing us about the issues you experienced with your Fitbit Inspire 2 and for the troubleshooting steps you’ve performed.

Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

If you continue having difficulties with your Tracker, I would recommend getting in touch with Customer Support via chat or give them a call. Please click here to get connected.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted the support chat. They sent the same instructions about cleaning (which I had already stated I had done) and told me to turn off Always On which isn’t even an option on mine! It appears to me a quality issue. I find it —odd—- that the charging problem came on very suddenly for me 

Best Answer

I am having the same problem, as of the 24th.  I believe they may have done an update.  New report and new charts.  

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @pellettjm.

Thanks for the update, @SunriseRun510.

@SunriseRun510 @pellettjm I noticed that after your last responses you've been in touch with Customer Support once again. I'm pretty sure they've done their best to provide a high level of support. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so glad I'm not the only one dealing with this! This is incredibly frustrating. I agree this needs to be fixed and soon if they want to keep customers.

Perfect example... Mine was charged to 100%. Just syncing it caused it to drop to 93%. I know by the end of the day the charge will be closer to 75% of the battery. 

Best Answer

My Inspire 2 is doing the exact same thing and it started a few weeks ago.  It was lasting 7-10 days on a change and now it barely makes it a day.  I've tried cleaning it and the suggested fixes to the settings aren't working.  They must have an issue with a software update.  This stinks!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @celtic_rose6 @flinstigator.

If after following the instructions shared above your Fitbit Inspire 2 still doesn't work properly, please reach out Customer Support via chat or give them a call. Please click here to get connected.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Two days after charging and writing the first message, my fitbit was down to 30%. I've cleaned it, shut down as many extras as I can think of, and started wearing it differently on my wrist. That last part did slow the constant on/off of the screen. It hasn't helped. No device should be losing 25% of its charge in 12 hours but that is what mine is doing.

Best Answer

I contacted customer support and they are taking care of it for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They gave me a discount code since it was a couple months past warranty 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wouldn’t be surprised if it is software. They gave me a discount code since it was a couple months past warranty 😕

Best Answer

@celtic_rose6 I noticed that you've contacted Customer Support. They should have helped you with to your case.

@flinstigator Thank you for the update. I'm pretty sure that our will do their best to provide a high level of assistance.

@SunriseRun510 Thank you for your feedback. You can check the Fitbit Warranty here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Been holding a charge for 7-10 days at a time then all of a sudden don’t get a day (charged This morning to 100%) and dead now?  And a bunch of people all have the issue at the same time?  Kind of reminds me of the apple battery issue??

Best Answer

I suddenly started having the same issue with battery a few days ago, It won't last more than a few hours on a charge. What gives?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still believe that it's a software/update issue.  I did contact support and they are sending me a new Inspire 2, as mine was still on warranty.  

Best Answer