Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected GPS on Inspire 3 didn't map my walk

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Unreliable. I have the inspire 3, got one walk mapped, but with the other walks it didn’t map anything. I’m on Iphone 13 and tried all the troubleshooting steps.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Ph0real Auto tracking of a walk does not produce a map. You need to start the walk from your Inspire 3 using the exercise shortcut or start it from your phone. I prefer doing it from the watch, personally.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi

I tried a walk today and the GPS did not connect - no signal. Very disappointing!

I have tried all the trouble shooting. Made sure location services turned on all the time for Fitbit.

Has anyone experienced the same?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community Forums, @Ph0real and @Joeymuz. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the inconvenience with your Inspire 3 before reaching out.

I've move your post to a new thread to keep organized the forums and help others having similar inquires about this topic.

Please bear in mind that if the GPS signal is lost during the exercise, a map might not appear in the Fitbit app. If you're having issues with the GPS connection, see Why isn't GPS working on my Fitbit device? That said, confirm that your iPhone is up to date and let's try some steps together:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Make sure your phone is using a strong WiFi connection or mobile data.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and log back in.
  6. Tap on the exercise tile and check if the map loads correctly this time.

@Joeymuz Please confirm what model device you're using to connect your Inspire 3.

Hope that helps. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
Thanks for your suggestion. I’ve followed your steps. I’ve gotten as far that gps mapping works when I start a walk on my phone. If I just walk out and trigger the auto-sensing or when I start a walk on the menu of my inspire 3, it doesnt create a map.

Sent from Proton Mail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ph0real Thanks for letting me know this information. Please confirm that this feature is turn on on your Inspire 3:

1. Turn on Bluetooth and GPS on your phone.
  2. Make sure the Fitbit app has permission to use GPS or location services.
  3. Check that GPS is turned on for the exercise. Open the 'Exercise App' on your Inspire 3 > swipe to find an exercise > tap the exercise and swipe up to make sure GPS is turned on.
  4. Keep your phone with you while you exercise.

GPS tracking.png

You can find this information and more on Inspire 3 manual on page 36.

Have a nice day.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
Hi, this is all verified and doesnt solve the problem unfortunately.

Sent from Proton Mail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Took another glance at the manual steps. Waiting for the text ‘gps connected’ on the inspire does fix the problem! So the only question I have left is: is it normal that there’a no gps tracking when you let the inspire recognize a walking exercise automatically?

Best Answer

@Ph0real Auto tracking of a walk does not produce a map. You need to start the walk from your Inspire 3 using the exercise shortcut or start it from your phone. I prefer doing it from the watch, personally.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

I have done all of the steps outlined above and checked and rechecked my settings yet my inspire 3 fails to connect to GPS. I never had a problem with my charge 4. 

any thing else I can do?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

If I step outside and start the walk on my inspire 3, it has not been able to connect with gps. If I’m in my house and start the walk, my fit bit connects with gps. But most of the time, as I go outside it loses the GPS signal. Don’t know why.

I have gone through all of the suggested steps and checked and rechecked my settings

Hopefully someone from Fitbit can address this problem soon or else I will need to return it. Only had it about a week. 

Best Answer
0 Votes