Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the Fitbit Inspire 3 behaves with dust?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been eyeing the Fitbit Inspire 3 for a while now, primarily because of its vibration alarm function. I have hearing loss, and having a reliable vibration alarm would be incredibly helpful for me to stay on track with my daily routines, especially during busy days at work.

Here's where I need your opinion: I work as a pizza chef, which means my hands are constantly covered in flour during shifts. I'm concerned about whether the Fitbit Inspire 3 is designed to withstand this kind of environment. Will the flour interfere with its functionality, or will I constantly have to remove it during work?

I've heard mixed opinions about how well fitness trackers hold up in such conditions, so I thought I'd reach out to the community here for some insights. Have any of you used the Fitbit Inspire 3 or similar models in environments where your hands get dirty or covered in substances? How did it fare?

Additionally, if you have any alternative suggestions or tips for someone in my situation, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@headeda , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your message and sharing your concerns. 

I've used my Fitbits in similar conditions, not flour but mud. 

What I noticed, is that the heart rate reading might  be affected if the mud (in my case) gets dry on the sensors or on the skin touching the sensors. But after a good clean session, everything is working fine. 

The other thing that might get affected, but this for other Fitbit models, is the altimeter. This can get clogged. As the Inspire 3 does not have it, no need to worry. 

Here I learned how to clean the trackers/watches Wear & Care

As an alternative, you could wear the Inspire 3 on the trouser or hang it somewhere else on clip mode. 
Keep in mind, that in clip mode, the Inspire 3 will not record anything related to the heart rate. 

Hope this helps. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes