Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 3 can’t change or add new exercise

I have sought help in the community forum on this issue but the suggested solutions do t work for me.

I want to be able to include gardening and yoga to my automatically recognized activities.

Please advise how to do that?

Also used to be able to change activity from one type to another after it was recorded.

Any help much appreciated!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

There is no way to add to automatically recognized exercised.  If you think about how this is done, it requires Fitbit recognizing what you are doing just from the movement pattern of your wrist.  I think Fitbit is pushing it to say they can recognize much for than walking and maybe running.  If you watch the posts closely, you see many complaints about activities being mis-categorized, and that is from the 7 that Fitbit already claims that it can recognize.  How common it is to see complaints about housework being mistaken for swimming, or bike riding not being recognized at all. 

Imagine you can look into a completely dark room with someone exercising, the only light coming from an always-on watch display.  Now you have to be able to design an algorithm to tell  what that person is doing: walking, running, outdoor bike, elliptical, sport - who knows what kind of sport that might be, aerobic workout - again what doesn't fit into aerobic workout, swimming.  And your algorithm has to recognize it  quickly enough to start the timing.  And consider the exerciser's wrist will also be doing other things too, stop to wipe sweat off forehead, look at time, etc, and if you pick the wrong exercise, people are going to be posting here complaining why doesn't Fitbit work.  Okay, now you've got that algorithm working.  Now we want  you to add "gardening" and "yoga" to it.

So at the very least, you would have to define exactly what is the wrist  movement pattern involved in "gardening", and be sure that movement is unique to gardening so that it could not happen in some other activity so that other activity could not accidentally be called gardening, which would lead to people complaining about why suddenly they started getting credit for gardening when they have never gardened in their life.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @lozoway22 and welcome to the Community.  I'm sorry, but you can't add activity types to the list of automatically recognized activities.  Just the seven that are on the list.  Sometimes my gardening is really heavy duty gardening and gets recognized as Aerobic Workout.  Yoga isn't active enough to be automatically recognized.  You should use the Exercise app on your Inspire 3 with the Yoga shortcut to track it properly.  Use Workout for your gardening.  I'm sorry, but you currently can't change the name of an activity.  Fitbit is aware of the problem, but it really needs to be fixed.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks for your help!

But can you tell me how to use shortcuts? When I click on them I only get measurements used?

many thanks,

Susan

Best Answer
0 Votes