Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 3 is not tracking my sleep times accurately

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Inspire 3 Fitbit has been automatically logging early morning hours I’m still sleeping as “long stationary periods” instead of sleep. I’m wondering how to fix this because it’s effecting the accuracy of both my sleep and activity data! Is there a way to change these logs? 

Its logging time periods starting as early as 3am and lasting as long as 2-3 hours as times I am awake and stationary - rather than time I am sleeping. It does this daily.

- For example, today my sleep log ends at 4:51 am, and my longest stationary period is logged as 6:30 am to 8:12 am. However I was sleeping that entire time and didn’t truly wake up until 8:00 am. - 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @axxx-c. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the inconvenience with your Inspire 3.

Your time asleep is calculated by subtracting your time spent awake and restless from your overall tracked sleep time. For example, if you slept 8 hours but woke up 2 times for 15 minutes each, your time asleep would be 7 hr 30 min.

To learn more about your time asleep in sleep stages, see What should I know about Fitbit sleep stages?

Hope this helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there, @axxx-c. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the inconvenience with your Inspire 3.

Your time asleep is calculated by subtracting your time spent awake and restless from your overall tracked sleep time. For example, if you slept 8 hours but woke up 2 times for 15 minutes each, your time asleep would be 7 hr 30 min.

To learn more about your time asleep in sleep stages, see What should I know about Fitbit sleep stages?

Hope this helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay thank you, I understand. But I’d still really like to know why it is logging times I am sleeping as multiple hours long “stationary periods” under my daily activity stats?

I’d like to aim for spending at least 51% or more of my day being active rather than stationary, and I like to use my Fitbit to help estimate that. So it’s still messing up the accuracy of those stats by doing this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes