Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 3 won't count my steps when pushing a cart

The problem I’m running into is when I’m inside Target my steps are not being counted. It’s happened quite a few times. I called for help and they really didn’t know what to tell me other than reach out to the Fitbit community. Help please! 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Are you  pushing a cart?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I was. Is that the problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit tracks  steps by arm movement.   If your arms aren't moving  it doesn't know you are walking. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @jenscarry. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the inconvenience with your Inspire 3. I understand where your concern is coming from. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

As @lmacmil has pointed out, please note that if you're doing something like mowing, pushing a stroller or shopping cart, your wrist-based device will count your steps but the total may be slightly lower than usual.

For more information, see How accurate are Fitbit devices? and How do I wear my Fitbit device?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit ,

If people are primarily interested in counting steps as apposed to sleep tracking, would wearing the Inspire 3 device clipped to the body instead of wearing it on the wrist help to resolve the issue of not counting steps while pushing a cart?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would you consider 540 steps slightly lower? I know that I wouldn’t. The most recent trip to Target I checked my steps on the Fitbit when I entered the store and what’s my health app on my phone said and that’s how I was able to determine the Fitbit missed out on 540 steps. 

As far as pushing a cart, there are plenty of other stores I go in and push a cart and have not run into his problem. Just trying to find a fix for this! I’m not a Walmart shopper so I will continue to shop at Target:(

Is the Fitbit 3 Inspire mostly to track sleep? I know that’s. Not what I wanted it for and if that’s the case maybe I need to look for a different tracker. Help please!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is someone that wore a Fitbit fitness tracker on her ankle for a week and she found that it worked quite well to count steps and measure pulse rate, at the expense of losing the ability to track sleep.

https://www.womanandhome.com/health-wellbeing/fitbit-on-ankle/

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has always tracked my steps pushing a cart of any type before. Now I will have to test this new software version.

Best Answer
0 Votes