Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 3

Hi, I had an inspire 2 for the last few years and loved it, but my husband decided to buy me an inspire 3 for my birthday and I’m having a lot of trouble with it. Only had it about 10 days but - 
question 1. my heart rate zones have increased from 86 (on inspire 2) to 103, which is obviously affecting my active minuets and cardio fitness. Why have they increased? 
2. it doesn’t sink properly, I have to go into the app and tap on the sync quite often - should I have to do this with the 3? 
3. I’m not convinced it’s picking up all my steps, they’ve dropped a bit from my regular routine and 3 times this week I’ve had that ‘10 to the hour’ buzz to get moving, when I haven’t sat down for the whole hour!!! 
I’ve reset the Fitbit, and deleted and re added the app, but it’s made no difference 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

1.  Read this about heart rate zones:  https://www.wareable.com/fitbit/active-zone-minutes-explained-7968

2.  Do you have the app set to run in background?  If not, you'll have to sync manually.  I sometimes have to swipe the main app screen (I'm using iOS) 2 or 3 times to get it to sync.

3.  I found that step count while walking varied based on how I was swinging my arms.  When my arms were swinging primarily from my shoulder, my step count was less than it should have been based on the distance I walked and my stride length.  I have to consciously swing more from my elbow to get an accurate step count while walking.  When I run, it counts steps accurately.

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for replying. I have looked at the article, but I don’t think it explains why my fat burning zone now starts at 103, when it used to be 86 on the inspire 2. I also don’t swing my arms any differently than I did with the inspire 2, so I can’t see how that could make such a big difference. Thank you for taking the time to respond though. 
I think it’ll have to be returned as it’s just not working 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Inspire 3 is very problematic.  Mine works fine, but my wife is on her third one in less than two months and it is still not working properly.  I'm not sure if this is a marginal hardware or firmware issue, but it is definitely annoying.

Make sure that you return yours within the store's return policy time (Amazon is 30 days), so you don't get stuck with a lemon.

Best Answer

I guess we've been lucky.  Both mine and my wife's have been working basically fine for over a year.  Of course, we don't use many of the functions being mainly interested in step count and exercise duration.  The only glitch was when my wife's stopped sending her step counts to the United Healthcare app.  Got it reconnected but never did figure out what caused the disconnect.

Best Answer

Yes, it's bizarre.  My Inspire 3 returns the detailed sleep data, which includes sleep cycles, and all five Health metrics, which includes Breathing Rate and HRV, every single day.

My wife is on her third Inspire 3 and it doesn't provide these data every day, no matter how many times I go through the Customer Service troubleshooting checklist.

I suspect that there ls a marginal hardware issue on a large population of manufactured Inspire 3 devices that only work marginally, or not all in any useful way, running with the current device firmware. 

I certainly hope that Fitbit/Google is working on a firmware 'fix' for this marginal hardware performance issue but, until then, I will keep returning my wife's marginal Inspire 3 devices until she gets one that works as well as mine does.

Edit: I was not terribly encouraged to see that Sense 2 and Charge 6 customers on their respective forums are reporting exactly the same performance issues as the Inspire 3 customers.

Best Answer

I’ve finally managed to corresponde with someone from Fitbit via messenger. They’ve basically acknowledged it doesn’t work! asked for about 20 screen shots of various settings on my phone, and have told me I just need to wait for the next update now to see if that fixes it! 
absolutely shocking! 
does anyone know the complaints procedure? I can’t find anything when looking. 

IMG_3235.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately my husband brought it for my birthday, (over 2 weeks before) and I’ve been trying since to deal with Fitbit direct to fix it, so have now missed the return date 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Getting product software and firmware updates to resolve performance issues is a normal part of the Customer Support process for any high volume product such as this, so this is actually good news that Fitbit/Google scheduled a software update on Apr 24 to hopefully resolve the reported app issues.

However, I think that it is unlikely that an app software update will resolve the erratic pulse rate and missing detailed sleep cycle and heart metrics issues, so I look forward to receiving a scheduled firmware update for the Inspire 3 to resolve those issues as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The iOS app is already  on 4.15.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Android app is V4.14, so there is still hope.

Maybe the IOS app is one version  ahead of the Android app.

Best Answer
0 Votes