Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sleep report system is terrible, can if be changed back?

ANSWERED

The sleep report was one of the main reasons I got the Fitbit. I find the sleep report almost illegible. I am wondering if I should cancel Fitbit. Every morning I am just annoyed and frustrated with it, I really don’t need that in my life.

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

I have canceled my membership.

Best Answer

My wife just returned her device and canceled her Premium subscription as well, because she rarely got detailed sleep cycle data or heart metrics with the three Inspire 3 devices that she had.

My Inspire 3 works to return detailed sleep cycle data and heart metrics for some reason, so I'm still a Premium member for now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree! Who likes it? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree that the new format is difficult to read. I'm not sure how long this is going to last, but the old format is available not on the phone app but on my computer. Take a look and see if that is true for you.

Best Answer
Thanks for your information on looking at the app on a computer. Not as convenient as my phone but it was nice to see the sleep graph I’m familiar with. Weird right that we can see it on a computer and not our phone.
I appreciate you sharing
Cheers BA

Sent from BA’s iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is true for me. Thanks for sharing this, I appreciate it. Weird right, that we can see it on a computer. Cheers BA

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree! It gets worse with every update. Guessing the person making these change decisions isn't a user of Fitbit.

Best Answer

If you go onto a computer, you may be able to see the old format. This was suggested to me by another unhappy customer. Try it out to see if it’s true for you. It is true for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I am late to the thread. Just to add my voice and say they managed to make illegible an app that was very well done. Both sleep tracking and exercises are close to unusable. Congratulations to whoever managed this transition … not 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is not clear to me that any Google SW developers actually look at these negative comments about the app on the Inspire 3 forum, based upon a couple of Moderator comments that I've seen recently.

I suspect that users of other Fitbit trackers are also unhappy with the latest downgrades to the app as well, so it might be better for us to post these app comments on the Platform > iOS App and Platform > Android App forums instead, just in case the SW development managers look at those forums to get feedback.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG yes.
I understood what I was seeing until they changed the visuals/chart recently, and now I was coming here to see if anyone could explain to me how to read it because I am at a complete loss. 

And I wish I felt like Google cared that its users don’t like this change. 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

You might as well just say, “Google doesn’t actually care about Fitbit or its users, hashtag sorry not sorry *Emoji shrug*”

Best Answer

AGREE! It is horrible,  confusing and doesn’t track all sleep. I can fall asleep at 10 pm but it says I didn't fall asleep until 2 am. Every morning I'm frustrated with it. Change it back!

Best Answer

Surely if there are enough people who dislike the new sleep duration set-up (haven't heard anything good about it), then you should look at changing it back!  Think you are going to lose a lot of people if you don't.

Best Answer
Same here! It seldom tracks sleep accurately! Sad!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a sleep sensitivity setting and I wonder if that might be causing your issue. Mine is set to Normal rather than Sensitive and I have not experienced your issue.  A long shot on my part, I know...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally agree. So much about the new version of sleep reporting is terrible. I have tried to use the new sleep stages graph - I figure if they are not going to listen to users then I might as well get try to get used to the new look,  but I just can’t “see” it anymore, like you said, is too hard to understand and it just frustrates me. There are so many posts and replies about how bad the new app is.  I hope Fitbit will see that and do something but I am afraid they aren’t so I am looking at other products. It amazes me that they can take what we all clearly like and change it, and know that we no longer like it, but not care at all. My only thought is that they are paying attention to the look of the devices and putting moving functionality from the basic plan to Premium (it seems they have done a lot of that here - I don’t see nearly the data I used to have).  Crazy thing is that I bought Premium and didn’t mind paying for, but it was bad - too broken up and too much clicking around - I can’t imagine trying Premium again - now too much clicking and ugly and hard to understand. I am going to give it a little while long and then just dump my Fitbit if it doesn’t change. I feel duped bc I bought FitBit bc of the app, but I guess there is nothing I can really do but go elsewhere. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also believe that going elsewhere is our only option at this point.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hopefully, the Google management team are smart enough to realize that 'elsewhere' doesn't include Google for fitness products.

Best Answer