Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sp02 and temperature not working using Inspire 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a new Inspire 3 but the sp02 and body temperature are not working. I have tried all the workarounds several times,  rebooted phone and device, uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app on my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the sp02 app on the device and in the app, re-paired the device to my phone, slept with it in the correct position (other models work fine in the same place on my wrist and with same tightness) ….. my next step (no pun intended)  will be to launch it out of the window! 😡
I have had so many issues with Fitbit devices over the years, please can someone help? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @gemmak500. Nice to see you again. Thanks for reporting this issues with your Inspire 3 and for troubleshooting the issue on your own before reaching out. Sorry you feel this way about this inconvenience with these features.

Inspire 3 tracks your estimated oxygen variation throughout the night to help you uncover potential breathing disturbances, as well as your skin temperature to see how it varies from your personal baseline and SpO2 levels, which estimate the amount of oxygen in your blood. To see your sleep stats, sync your tracker when you wake up and check the Fitbit app, or swipe up from the clock face on your tracker. As you mentioned, for Inspire 3 you can install either an SpO2 clock face or the SpO2 app to collect SpO2 data.

Please note that you need to wear the Inspire 3 for three days before you start seeing skin temperature. Factors that may cause skin temperature to vary nightly include changes in room temperature, bedding, circadian rhythm, menstrual cycle, or the potential onset of fever. Significant changes in ambient temperature may negatively impact skin temperature tracking. For more information, see: How can Fitbit help me track my temperature?

Regarding SpO2, keep the following in mind to make sure your Fitbit device successfully measures your SpO2 values:

• Your device doesn’t retroactively measure your SpO2 values. After you install the clock face, you’ll see dashed lines until after your next sleep session.
  • Charge your Fitbit device to make sure it’s able to collect data throughout your entire sleep session. Note that you may have to charge your Fitbit device more often when using the SpO2 Signature clock face.
  • Your Fitbit device must sync with the Fitbit app before the clock face updates. Note that it may take around an hour for your SpO2 values to appear after you sync your device. For troubleshooting syncing, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?
  • Turning off any clock face permissions can cause the clock face to stop functioning. To check these settings:

1. With your Fitbit device nearby, open the Fitbit app on your phone or tablet.
    2. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image.
    3. Tap Clock Faces.
    4. Tap the SpO2 Signature clock face.
    5. Tap Permissions. Turn on any permissions you turned off.
    6. Tap Details when you're done making changes.
  • Your Fitbit device must be able to consistently track your SpO2 data:

• Wear your device slightly higher on your wrist.

• Make sure your device is in contact with your skin.

• Your device should be snug but not constricting.

• Tattooed skin can impact the accuracy of the red and infrared sensors on your Fitbit device.

If you're Premium user the Health Metrics tile will show you trends and historical data.

For more information about SpO2, see  

Hope that helps.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @gemmak500. Nice to see you again. Thanks for reporting this issues with your Inspire 3 and for troubleshooting the issue on your own before reaching out. Sorry you feel this way about this inconvenience with these features.

Inspire 3 tracks your estimated oxygen variation throughout the night to help you uncover potential breathing disturbances, as well as your skin temperature to see how it varies from your personal baseline and SpO2 levels, which estimate the amount of oxygen in your blood. To see your sleep stats, sync your tracker when you wake up and check the Fitbit app, or swipe up from the clock face on your tracker. As you mentioned, for Inspire 3 you can install either an SpO2 clock face or the SpO2 app to collect SpO2 data.

Please note that you need to wear the Inspire 3 for three days before you start seeing skin temperature. Factors that may cause skin temperature to vary nightly include changes in room temperature, bedding, circadian rhythm, menstrual cycle, or the potential onset of fever. Significant changes in ambient temperature may negatively impact skin temperature tracking. For more information, see: How can Fitbit help me track my temperature?

Regarding SpO2, keep the following in mind to make sure your Fitbit device successfully measures your SpO2 values:

• Your device doesn’t retroactively measure your SpO2 values. After you install the clock face, you’ll see dashed lines until after your next sleep session.
  • Charge your Fitbit device to make sure it’s able to collect data throughout your entire sleep session. Note that you may have to charge your Fitbit device more often when using the SpO2 Signature clock face.
  • Your Fitbit device must sync with the Fitbit app before the clock face updates. Note that it may take around an hour for your SpO2 values to appear after you sync your device. For troubleshooting syncing, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?
  • Turning off any clock face permissions can cause the clock face to stop functioning. To check these settings:

1. With your Fitbit device nearby, open the Fitbit app on your phone or tablet.
    2. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image.
    3. Tap Clock Faces.
    4. Tap the SpO2 Signature clock face.
    5. Tap Permissions. Turn on any permissions you turned off.
    6. Tap Details when you're done making changes.
  • Your Fitbit device must be able to consistently track your SpO2 data:

• Wear your device slightly higher on your wrist.

• Make sure your device is in contact with your skin.

• Your device should be snug but not constricting.

• Tattooed skin can impact the accuracy of the red and infrared sensors on your Fitbit device.

If you're Premium user the Health Metrics tile will show you trends and historical data.

For more information about SpO2, see  

Hope that helps.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes