Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What material is the back of the Inspire 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What material is the back of the Inspire 3? Is it the same as the Sense?

I'm asking because my Sense gives me a rash due to the Nickel and I'm trying to find an ACTUALLY nickel free alternative, not just under EU standards. No, I do not want to where it as a clip. I want a watch. Inspire 3 looks like it might be plastic instead of metal. Fingers crossed. Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The charging points are medical grade Stainless Steel, think implants, that conforms to the UK standards, which calls for less Nickel. 

The Inspire has less Stainless Steel in contact with the skin. 

When wearing, having the band loose enough that one, preferably two fingers can slip behind the band is recommended. This also limits the contacts pressure on the skin, and helps limit the reaction. 

I have a Luxe and the charging contacts are fairly small. I don't remember what the slightly larger Inspire looks like. 

I would also look into the Lux, it is lighter in weight, slimmer, and has advanced hardware. 

I'm assuming you have rules out sweat and dead bacteria, or wearing to tight as the cause 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @akay23 and welcome to the Community.  I don't own an Inspire 3, but I read the Inspire 3 manual and used the 360° view in the Fitbit store to look at the back of the watch.  It looks like the Inspire 3 uses a spring loaded pin system to attach the band.  These pins are usually stainless steel and usually have trace amounts of nickel.  The manual doesn't help much.  Every Fitbit box I have mentions nickel and I save them all.  If no one else answers, you might get the information you need by visiting a retailer and reading a box.

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the response and also for reminding me that I can in fact go to a store and see the device in person hahaha easy to forget that since I'm so use to online shopping nowadays 🙂 

Best Answer

😉

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The charging points are medical grade Stainless Steel, think implants, that conforms to the UK standards, which calls for less Nickel. 

The Inspire has less Stainless Steel in contact with the skin. 

When wearing, having the band loose enough that one, preferably two fingers can slip behind the band is recommended. This also limits the contacts pressure on the skin, and helps limit the reaction. 

I have a Luxe and the charging contacts are fairly small. I don't remember what the slightly larger Inspire looks like. 

I would also look into the Lux, it is lighter in weight, slimmer, and has advanced hardware. 

I'm assuming you have rules out sweat and dead bacteria, or wearing to tight as the cause 

Best Answer
0 Votes