Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off my notifications?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, on Fitbit the notification application (to receive texts, calls and social media notifications) just wondering if there's a way to switch it off if not to be active. Many thanks

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

From phone app, click tracker icon near top right, then scroll down a bit to "Notifications". Open that and turn each type on or off.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Thank you

So if I switch them all off I won't receive, texts, email etc? 

I can't receive those things while at work of safeguarding reasons.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Ladybird2490 and @JohnnyRow thanks for the input.

If you want to turn off/on your notifications, you can press the Inspire HR button until it vibrates, swipe up and tap notifications to adjust this feature.

Let me know if you need anything else. 😊

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hi. I DO NOT want my Fitbit to be linked to my emails. I find this quite concerning as I don't recall giving Fitbit permission to access my email account. I use my email account to log into the device and that's all it should be doing. In fact, I was using the Inspire yesterday without issue (I wasn't getting any of my private emails on my Fitbit device) and then switched to the Inspire HR today (I bought the Inspire HR as I didn't like the Inspire screen lighting up during sleep). Now, I'm getting emails on my Fitbit - all of a sudden. How? I changed ZERO settings on my account except switch devices a couple of hours ago. Please note that my email account is completely PRIVATE and not should be linked to any third party apps including Fitbit. How do I remove the access (which I didn't authorize) in its entirely please? I don't just want to turn off notifications. Fitbit should not be accessing my email account. without my permission. Period! 

Best Answer

Worked!  Why is it so hard to find information like this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is exactly my question. My Fitbit Inspire just started spontaneously showing my email, which I DO NOT want it to, especially since it's a work address. But it also clutters up the screen--when I'm exercising, I do NOT want to be bugged with work details.

Best Answer

I want notifications for things like exercise reminders but no where did I sign up for texts and emails to my fitbit. The notifications section of the app does not even mention texts and emails so I can't deselect these types.

Best Answer

I've disabled Notifications on the App, but since an update on my Inspire HR this morning, the "Notifications" menu I had previously removed via the FitBit web site has now reappeared and I can't find how to remove it.

I just want to remove the options from the menu on the FitBit so it's easier to get to the functionality I do use.

Any help anybody can offer on that front would be welcome. 

Best Answer

That's exactly what I want to know. I have a Charge 3 and I can't rid of the notifications there either, no matter what I try. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Found a tip from Ata1anta on the thread about the latest Firmware update, which worked on my Inspire HR.

In the Fitbit app, go to your device and then look at Apps. You may find a Notifications app. Uninstalling this removed the new screen from my Inspire HR.

Best Answer

Thank you, DorsetCupcake. In order to get rid of the notification screen on my Inspire HR I had to turn notifications off in three different places: I had to turn notifications off in the app, uninstall the notification app in the app, and long press the button my device to turn off notifications in the settings of the device. Two of those had been done previously, but uninstalling the app was the new, critical piece of info I was lacking. That was an awful lot of work to disable something that wasn't an issue a few days ago. Thank you for your help finding a solution to my problem.

Best Answer
You're welcome PirateDeathRay,

Credit for the top on removing the App from the fitbit goes to Ata1anta. I'd
previously disabled Notifications in the main Fitbit app before the update,
and had disabled them (via the button press) on the device, so I hadn't
appreciated that all three steps were required!

I love Fitbit devices and the information the App gives me. This is the
first device I've had which supported software updates (having had a Flex
and Flex 2 previously), and the update has not been handled well. Thankfully
my device still works without the problems cited by other uses, but better
comms (preferably by email before the update is released) on update content
and advice on how to disable unwanted features would have avoided a lot of
frustration on many users' parts.

--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!  Forgive my cluelessness but when I open the app I just see the screen below. I don't see a tracker  icon in the right hand corner and when I click the icons below they do not take me to this.  Can you help me find the icon you're are talking about?  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - where is this button - see screenshot below.  I really, really did NOT want to receive notifications of calls texts or my calendar on this device.  I intentionally spend long periods on time without my phone and this robs me of the benefits of doing that.  Adding these notifications just encourages digital addiction and the need to be on, plugged in and available all of the time: something that is anti-wellness and increases stress.  I'm upset that the update automatically turned this on.  Please help me find the button you are talking about.  Thanks.  (sorry - no screenshot - that feature is confusing as well.)

Best Answer

Sorry about the absence of the screenshot.  It would not let me upload it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, ChristinaM53! It sounds like the notifications irritate you as much as they do me. Let me see if I can help. I'm not sure which step you're having problems with, so I'll just explain everything I did. Also, you should know I have an Android phone so your menu layout might be different than mine.

1) Turn notifications off in the  Fitbit app. In the app, I clicked on my icon to get to my account information. On this page under "devices" is a list of my connected devices. Tap on the device that is vexing you. This page has information and settings specific to that particular device. Under "general", tap on notifications. I don't remember what this page used to look like, but now that I have disabled notifications it is asking me for permission to enable them. Somewhere in there you disable them.

2) Uninstall the notification app in the Fitbit app. Go back to the page in the app that has specific information for your device, the page where you found the "general" settings. On this page under the name of my device I have four squares with icons: clock faces, apps, how to use, accessories. Tap on "apps". There's something in there about installing or uninstalling apps. One of them is "notifications". Uninstall that one! I'm sorry my instructions for this step are vague: the Fitbit app just crashed while I was writing this and I can't get it back up. I want to send this instead of waiting so I'm hoping that page is self-explanatory, but let me know if it's not.

3) Turn off notifications on your device. I did this by holding down the button on my fitbit tracker (I have an Inspire HR), which opened a new screen. On mine, it has a battery percentage icon, below that "screen wake", and below that "notifications". Tap on notifications until it is dim and there's a line through it.

Does that help? If not, let me know which one of the steps is bothering you and I'll to help out. I was so irritated when this update happened and so incredibly excited to find a solution. I hope you, too can find the solution, for your mental health. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much! This did work!

------------------------------------
Note: Due to arthritis my typing speed and accuracy are poor. Please excuse brevity and typos.
Join me for an Upcoming Digital Mindfulness Retreat or Workshop! www.DigitalMindfulnessRetreats.com
------
Christina Malecka, MA, LMHC (she/her pronouns)
www.christinamalecka.com

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: This message may contain confidential information belonging to the sender, which is protected by privilege. If this message was sent to you in error, any use, disclosure or distribution of its contents is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please call 206.414.8251.
Best Answer
0 Votes