Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR stopped receiving text notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got an Ispire HR five-six months ago, and the text notifications have been working fine, but within the last 4ish weeks I've been getting maybe every other notification? And now in the last week or so I get even less then that. I get maybe one notification for every five or six texts. I know there's a range, but it does this even when it's on my person, on my person, within just a few feet of me, ect. 

I've tried restarting my phone (Galaxy S9+) and my Fitbit but nothings fixed it. A big reason as to why I got the Fitbit I got was for the text notifications, so its extremely frustrating that its stopped working. 

Flipping my wrist to get the display to come on also stopped working about the same time. 

Any suggestions on what else to try? TIA

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

Hi @AliKatEbe  Try THIS Help Article on troubleshooting notifications and see if anything there sorts you out.

For the auto screen wake, check that it is still turned on on your Inspire - long press of the button and the quick start menu comes up - check both notifications and Auto screen wale are on.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I've had no notifications for a couple if days. I've tried all the trouble shooting tips. App says phone notifications are off and requires phone restart. I've done that, but nothing changes. I updated to the new style app the day before notifications stopped, although they worked to start with.

Best Answer

I've been having this issue as well for like the past couple months and I've posted several times in the forum's to see if I can find a fix but it seems the moderators don't have any answers. 

Best Answer
Thanks for sharing this. Very frustrating. Anyone else in this situation?
Best Answer

My boyfriend is awesome!!!!!! He just figured out how to fix this notification madness. This should work for Android users (not sure how to do this on apple devices). You need to go in to phone settings and look for app info/manager (or similar) and clear the cache first then clear data for the Fitbit app. Restart the app afterwards (you will need log in again and double check the notification settings within the Fitbit app). My fitbit is back up and receiving notifications. I hope it works for you guys too.

Best Answer
Tried this. Still says it needs phone restart but it doesn't work. 😭
Best Answer
0 Votes

Reinstalling app worked for two hours! Any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this problem.  Text notifications were working just fine, then stopped over the last few days.  I'm getting every other type of notification that I have turned on:  calls, calendar, gmail, various other apps.  Just not texts.  I have an Android phone, Samsung Galaxy S9, and the Fitbit app is up to date, version 3.6.1 updated 9/19/19.  Could this be a problem in the latest version?

Best Answer
Sounds like a similar issue. Mine is working now but I had to uninstall and
reinstall the app several times, and still have to occasionally. Remember
to set up the notifications you want when you do it. Good luck.

Penny
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m also not getting notifications (phone calls and texts). Also, the screen isn’t “waking”

when I move my wrist

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine also needs the button pressed to wake. App has been very sluggish to
sync today too.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Guess I’ll try reinstalling the app when I get home. Glad to hear I’m not the only one. I haven’t had mine that long.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
There was a Google news item saying that this experience was quite common
and due to a recent software update which had too many bugs. Hope the
'support' team are getting on with fixing it. Hope the reinstall goes well.

Penny
Best Answer

I started having this same issue about 4 days ago. I was getting all notifications then I stopped getting texts notification only. I contacted Fitbit support. I was told they were aware of the issue and were working on getting it fixed. That an update would come out soon, but she could not give me an exact time of when the update would come out. So in the meantime...No text notifications!

Best Answer
I looked at deleting my phone app, but it said it would delete my stats. Is this true?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you tried reinstalling app?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I did. It still doesn't work. I even added my old Fitbit Alta, so I have both the Inspire & my Alta connected and neither get TEXT notifications. I only get CALL notifications. It so annoying because I kind of rely on my Fitbit so I can read my texts when I'm not close to my phone...KWIM??!!
Best Answer

Let's hope that while they're fixing this issue, they also allow Android phones to get notifications from an email program other than Gmail.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I stopped receiving gmail and text notifications a couple of days ago.  I use Android phone.  Chat with an agent and followed his step by re-placng and re-pairing on the Fitbit app, but still not working.

BTW, you can get notification other than gmail. Go to "App Notifications" and turn on as many apps you want to receive notifications from.

Best Answer
0 Votes