Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire & Inspire HR Battery Issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update: 4/9/19 Our engineers have added the Stats Heavy and Valerie clockfaces back into the gallery. Feel free to re-install them if you had recently removed them due to battery concerns. 

Our team was recently made aware of an issue which may be affecting some users battery life while using certain clockfaces on Inspire and Inspire HR. We are currently looking into this and hope to have a fix identified soon. 

In the meantime, I recommend switching to one of these three clockfaces: Simple Stats, Shifted, or Analog. After some testing, our team has determined that switching to the above clockfaces should help alleviate potential battery drain. 

If you are experiencing short battery life after switching to one of the clockfaces above, I also recommend performing a quick restart and following the troubleshoots listed in this article.

As always, I will be sure to keep you all in the loop as more information becomes available. Feel free to let me know if you have any additional insights or questions. Thanks again!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
475 REPLIES 475

Me too it just looks sleek and awesome Judi

Best Answer

Just back from a very long day.

Almost 21 hours since charging, using HR, notifications (which was pretty constant today) and even with auto display (which I just noticed has reactivated; due to the reset?), I am showing 81% remaining. This is using analog watch face.

so five days between charges is feasible, the watch faces just need debugging? Analog is nice when I wear my varifocal glasses, but was barely readable today while wearing contacts 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still using Valerie.  I turned off Screen/Wake and that seemed to have helped.  Keep us posted !! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update from yesterday. it has been almost 36 hours since I switched to the Analog clock face from the Heavy Stats. Battery life has improved greatly, however is currently at 67%. By my estimation, my inspire HR will last between 3-4 days before needing recharged. To reach 5 days, the battery percentage should be above 70% if the battery drains linearly at this point. However, I am not entirely sure that the battery drain is linear, as some times 1% drops in 4 hours, other times, 30 minutes. The clock face definitely had something to do with it, though does not seem to make the battery last 5 days as advertised. I should note that I have many settings turned off: Auto-wake, notifications, all-day sync, and reminders to move. I also am trying to avoid waking up the screen for unnecessary checks. In my opinion, the Fitbit should be able to last the advertised 5 days with all of these features turned on, provided a reasonable amount of notifications and usage.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After changing to the simple stats clock face, doing the quick restart, and following multiple of the tips listed in the article you linked to (including turning off the heart rate monitoring and the auto wake setting), my battery life doesn’t seem to be any longer. It drains to about half battery in a matter of a few hours. Could the issue be impacting other clock faces or is it likely something specific to my device? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the issue on the stat watch face turned off auto syncing & I’m just about to turn off raise to wake! I’m not impressed only bought it yesterday! & charged & a day later it’s on medium battery! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since having the watch on Friday morning, I have 56 percent still from a full charge. While I understand that this is up to 5 days with a charge, I am very content with the enhanced performance after switching the watches face.

I can live with having to charge maybe every 2 and a half days or so.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MattFitbit  Valerie is my favorite!  I still have Valerie on my Inspire HR, so I'll stick with it.  Looks like it's not forced off my watch, so as long as I don't switch clock faces, I can keep it.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

My replacement inspire has been delivered by amazon.  Just charged and all good so far.  Looks likely was a faulty charger I received first time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cool! You will enjoy it 🙂 I am enjoying mine.

A little bit of advice, if anyone feels the cord is too short you can get what they call a USB Extension cord which is just a cord that plugs into the USB port but at the end you can plug your charger in there. Perfect for those who don't have the ability to plug it into their computer or other areas due to the location of the port.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now showing 61% battery remaining after 41 hours, so potentially will have 4 days on one charge.

I still note that the display activates on touches from clothing and even if the strap in knocked or moved? This might be be by design, but I did expect that disabling auto display would require me to press the side button or, at least require a finger to touch the display, to activate the display ( but allow notifications to do so of course) . This would save a considerable amount of battery being wasted by such unrequired activations and I for one would welcome this as a trade off for the slight inconvenience of having to manually activate the display.

It might be an issue for another thread, but I have also noted that counted steps (and therefore distance) seems extremely over allowed. Compared with my Samsung Galaxy watch and Iphone worn at the same time today, the inspire gave 6,500 steps and 3.1 miles, and the GW and iPhone XS both counted about the same at 3000 and 1.3 miles in a similar period while I was at a shoot today. I’ve even used a map tool to measure the distance and it was about 1.2 miles. As I say, the accuracy issue is probably for another thread, but over counting (overly sensensitive) would surely  negatively impact on battery life?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MattFitbit  Okay, so I switched my clock face to Simple Stats. My battery was still the same, and only lasted a day. Then I decided to restart my device. When I plugged it in, my inspire HR was at 70%. I restarted it by holding the button for 5 seconds, letting go, and then saw the smiley face. The battery had then dropped down to 65%!!! This needs to be fixed as I payed for a Fitbit that lasted 5 days at most for battery, and mine, as well as others can get 24 hours in at most. Please fix this!

EDIT: It has only been a few minutes and my battery hasn’t now jumped up to 86%. I have turned off screen wake and reminder to move, so it could’ve worked

Moderator edit: merged replies 

Best Answer

As you have experienced, the reset is an important step Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Love my new fit bit but the battery life is rubbish I charged it this morning and now having to charge it again bit disappointed due to it not lasting all day is this normal for this Fitbit and is there anything to make the charge last longer ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a pinned thread about this issue at the top of this forum, lots of information there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

... was on with tech support yesterday evening, they had no clue about this possibility or the issue in general. That said; using those faces is of no help whatsoever - for me.

I, like many, have every possible thing turned off that I can turn off and if I’m lucky if get 7 or 8 hours max before it shuts itself off from a dead battery. As others have mentioned, that’s a joke anyhow, you should be able to have everything you want on and only expect to lose maybe a day in comparison to someone with everything off.

Tech support wanted me to do a battery drain test, by charging 100%, syncing about 5 times throughout the day, then reporting back. This seems excessive and a waste of my time, maybe Fitbit should run some tests instead?

Plus if they can bring up my stats, as they did, and see I brought the new Inspire online at 100% charge yesterday at 11:00am and by 6:30pm or so it was basically dead. What’s more is that in the 15 minutes I talked to support it went from 14% to 6% then eventually died/turned off until plugged in.

Pretty sad considering how long Fitbit has been around. Not to mention I switched to the Inspire from a Fitbit One that I have for probably 5+ years, wearing it every-single-day. The Fitbit One battery would only be about 60-70% after 5-7 days. It’s a shame Fitbit doesn’t make it any longer or products of the same quality. Instead are trying to keep up with the smart watch market or something?

In addition, Fitbit REALLY needs to allow users to remove the default apps on the Inspire. I don’t want them and shouldn’t be forced to have them.

Not to mention, the device at times has set the timer on its own which I’m sure is a battery drain as well - though before you ask, untlrelated to my battery drain issue specifically. Relating to others, this seems to happen from light touches etc from clothing and related. Btw I have mine on a clip, not a band.

Anyway, back to apps, It’s my device, let me decide what I want on it, I hate being spoon-fed by a company.

I look forward to timely improvements or I’ll be sending it back or looking for alternatives, which honestly, sucks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. What about the issue of the light coming on randomly ? I’ve tirned off the clock coming on when I turn my arm because it wasn’t literally coming on every single time I moved at all and woke me up a ton. Now, it’s off but still randomly turns on sometimes.... 

Best Answer
I have turned off the automatic screen wake, and haven’t had that problem yet. I charged my Fitbit at 12ish to 100% and it has dropped down to 90%, so I think it’s better!

-Ava
Best Answer

My battery is still draining faster than I believe it should be. It's day two after a full overnight charge and I'm down to 28%.

Sadly, I find I'm missing my Alta HR. I was eagerly awaiting another slim look FitBit because my AltaHR had a crack. I'm seriously considering going back to it. I so wanted to fall in love with this Inspire. I get hassled enough with even small issues with my iPhone or laptop; I truly don't want to be bothered with what I've felt was a wonderful, user friendly and reliable step/exercise counter. Will give it a bit more time....

Best Answer
0 Votes

After being on the phone with customer support and doing the battery drain test, sad that I’ll have to wait a while before getting my Fitbit replaced. So disappointed with my first fitbit experience after starting with a lot of excitement. 😕 

Best Answer