Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire exercise mode?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I used to have the charge HR and now I'm using the inspire. How do I put this in exercise mode? I read I have to download the exercise app? Is that true? 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Brekka   Your post and your tag say you have the Inspire.  The Inspire does not have the exercise app.  It is only available on the Inspire HR.  Sorry.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Exercise app is already there.

From main clock face, swipe down to Exercise screen; tap that, then swipe up or down to see the different exercise options.

See this help section for more about it, including how to change the exercise options showing:

How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a timer option no exercise one. Is that what your talking about?
Best Answer
0 Votes

On mine, when I swipe down from clock face, I get, in this order, Exercise, Relax, Timers, Alarms, Settings.

Is that what you get?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No I get settings, alarm and timer
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Brekka   Your post and your tag say you have the Inspire.  The Inspire does not have the exercise app.  It is only available on the Inspire HR.  Sorry.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

@LZeeW  is correct.  I apologize.  I was forgetting one of the differences between the Inspire and Inspire HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought the inspire as well, it is not the inspire HR though. I think that is the difference. The plain and basic inspire does not have a workout mode unfortunately. I figured it would come standard, but no.

Best Answer

why wouldn't all fitbit devices come with the Exercise app? isn't that why we bought it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @vai_da_valsa and welcome to the Help forums.  Fitbit offers a range of models with different capabilities to meet the needs of individual users.  The Exercise app is only in models that measure heart rate.  The Exercise app needs heart rate to calculate calorie burn.

The Inspire is a just the basics model.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the response @LZeeW . I believe the Inspire also tracks Calories burned also, correct? It might not do it via the HR monitor, but there's some kind of algorithm or something. 
It's also supposed to auto detect exercises (which mine doesn't right now for some reason), so I don't see why they can't just add the Exercise app and let us tell the device "hey, i'm working out right now!"

Best Answer
0 Votes

@vai_da_valsa   Yes, your Inspire does count calories and it is important that your age, height, and weight are correct in your profile.  Fitbit needs that information to estimate calorie count.

I am sorry to learn that your automatic exercise recognition isn't working.  Did it work before and then stop working?  Or did it never work at all?  Two things might help.  First, restart your Inspire.  To do this, attach your Inspire to its charging cable, plug it in, press and hold the button for 5 seconds, then release.  If you get a smiley face and a vibration, it restarted.  Some people recommend doing it 2-3 times (clearing out digital cobwebs, maybe).  Second, automatic recognition is set to detect after 15 minutes by default.  You can shorten this interval to 10 minutes for any exercise by doing the following.  Tap on your exercise tile on your phone app, then the gear icon.  Set things to 10 minutes.  If your automatic recognition still doesn't work, then contact Support. 

In order to add the Exercise app, you need the heart rate sensor, which explains the $30 difference between the Inspire and the Inspire HR.  😉

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes