Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WhatsApp notifications stopped showing in my Inspire HR

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the Inspire HR for 2 months now. When I installed it, the WhatsApp notifications and Messenger-notifications were working perfect. But now the WhatsApp has stopped. I have tried re-connecting Bluetooth, I set up the fitbit again, no results. 

My smartphone is a Sony Xperia 10.

Any ideas?

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Nice to see you again on the Forums @JesBdR. Thanks for sharing the steps that you've with your Sony Xperia 10.

In order for What'sApp notifications to show on your Inspire HR, you need to enable each one inside of the Fitbit app

Try the following:

• Inside of the Fitbit app, go to Account >Inspire HR>Notifications
  • Select App Notifications 
  • In this tab, you must toggle on notifications for What'sapp 
  • Apps are added to this list after they have sent notifications to your phone already

Hope this does the trick for you. If you continue having this issues, I recommend you to check: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? to see that all the necessary requirements to receive notifications on your are correctly configured.

After verifying this, please try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone and let me know how it goes.

I'd like to mention this model is not in the list of tested devices. We're currently receiving feedback about different devices that are not in the list and our team is working hard to add more devices to the list. But since this model of phone is not there we can't assure the Fitbit App will be working flawless for every feature. 

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Nice to see you again on the Forums @JesBdR. Thanks for sharing the steps that you've with your Sony Xperia 10.

In order for What'sApp notifications to show on your Inspire HR, you need to enable each one inside of the Fitbit app

Try the following:

• Inside of the Fitbit app, go to Account >Inspire HR>Notifications
  • Select App Notifications 
  • In this tab, you must toggle on notifications for What'sapp 
  • Apps are added to this list after they have sent notifications to your phone already

Hope this does the trick for you. If you continue having this issues, I recommend you to check: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? to see that all the necessary requirements to receive notifications on your are correctly configured.

After verifying this, please try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone and let me know how it goes.

I'd like to mention this model is not in the list of tested devices. We're currently receiving feedback about different devices that are not in the list and our team is working hard to add more devices to the list. But since this model of phone is not there we can't assure the Fitbit App will be working flawless for every feature. 

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why don't you answer others who have similar notification issues? I suddenly stopped getting Gmail and WhatsApp notification. I have the correct setting as per your post. I use Google pixel which is the tested device. I contacted support and followed everything he told me but no avail. I posted here but received zero support.

My fitbit is now half useless.

Best Answer

Thank you for your suggestions. I forgot to mention that I had already checked my settings in Notifications. Eventually, re-installing the Fitbit-app on my Sony did the job. Thank you!

Best Answer

I have the same issues... no whatsapp, no telegram, no calls... nothing comes through. And also it doesnt show time anymore when I tilt my wrist. I have to push the button.

I think some kind of software update messed it all up. I thought it was IOS 13 to blame, but I see you have no iphone.

Its just sad, that this FitBit gets more and more bugs, and nothing is done about it.

****No offence, but I am not accepting random friend requests. 😞 ****
Best Answer

I just realized there is an app update for Android as of September 30. So I updated on my phone and make sure all the notification settings are what I want. Now I am getting the notifications for Gmail, WhatsApp and text. 

Self help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup, but I updated everything (both firmware and IOS) and nothing works. My iphone also didnt sync all week, while I have auto sync on. With my work I dont always have (clean) hands free to pick up my phone and those notifications are sort of life savers because I can see whats important by just looking handsfree at my fitbit, no need to have phone in reach either. Now nothing is showing... I hope it all will come back shortly, its not the most expensive fitbit but still expensive enough to have some expectations to be met. 

Best Answer

Hi @Joogie @JesBdR and @AnneMarieke nice to see you around. Thanks for all the steps that you've tried to fix the issues with your notifications. Sorry for the delay.

@Joogie I've received similar feedback from other users. Thanks for confirming that updating the Fitbit app is working for your too. @JesBdR I think that you can give it a try too. Please check if you have pending updates on your Fitbit app.

@AnneMarieke Sorry to hear you're not getting your notification after those steps. What model of iPhone are you using?

Did you try the troubleshooting steps that are specified here: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone? 

You can also try these steps:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone.
  2. Restart your Fitbit. 
  3. Wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  4. Open the Fitbit app to sync your Fitbit device.

If after doing these steps you're still having troubles, let's do the following:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon >  your device image.
  2. Tap Notifications.
  3. Turn off all notifications
  4. Restart your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and turn notifications back on.

If the issue persists, let's setup the notifications again:

1. Tell your phone to "forget" your device, removing the connection between the phone and the Fitbit device. 
    • On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and find your Fitbit device in the list.
    • Find an option to forget the device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and set up notifications again.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@YojanaFitbitI do get some notifications once in a while now. But thats only some notifications from Telegram and all regular sms come through. I have iphone 7 with latest software update, is that IOS13 I guess. I have good hope soon all will be allright, as it seems not all apps had updated for this I guess.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AnneMarieke thanks for getting back to me.

We've been receiving feedback about missing notification recently. After the last Android update, we've been working on solving this issues. I really appreciate all the steps that you've tried with your Fitbit. 

In regards to your comment about accepting random friends, I agree with you. 🙂 

Let me know if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to post here, but I would like to inform you that I think this post has a bug because in my profile one post shown which I posted here, but after visiting this post I even didn't see my post...??????

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have no idea, this post is years old and I changed log in details, yet it still sends me notifications on this post. But I cant log in to that account to reset or delete that post (thats why I had to create a new account). I send this response via email reply so no idea if it lands somewhere. Just so you know, there is nothing I can do or change as I cant log in nor reset password. I dont even know if I were the topic starter or a commenter, I have no clue... sorry.

Sent from Outlook<>
Best Answer
0 Votes