Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR shows a "Battery not charging." message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am getting a message on FB "Check Charger.  Battery not charging."

I cleaned my FB and the charger.   I bought a new charger and got the same message.  Can't restart due to FB not recognizing the charger! Help!!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
57 REPLIES 57

Hi @Weiss2000, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know if the heart rate sensors are flashing or is your device completely unresponsive? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. Such article includes a restart process which can be really helpful for this situation

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, this is weird.  I just got the message on my tracker "battery is not charging; check charger" but the tracker was on my wrist and not on the charger.  My battery is currently at 90% and hasn't been on the charger since yesterday.

Best Answer

I am getting the same message.  The fitbit is on my wrist and battery is at 84 percent. It came up three or four times in a row.

Best Answer

I am getting the same thing - charge 4.

Sounds like a software bug?

any advice on a fix??

Best Answer

I also now get the "Check charger. Battery not charging" message.

The battery dropped down to totally dead, without warning a couple of days ago. I charged it up to 99%, because getting it to 100% has been near impossible for a long time. A day later, I got another warning that the battery was low. I charged it over night. It only made it to 75% and this morning, while still on the charger, showed that "Check charger. Battery not charging" message.

After all that, I have tried:

• Cleaning the back of my fitbit as well as my charger with rubbing alcohol.
  • Changing which adapter it was plugged in to. 
  • Plugging it in my laptop.
  • Plugging it into my Playstation. 
  • Trying a different outlet, and then a different adapter again.
  • Borrowing my boyfriend's charger.
  • Deleting and reinstalling the app. 
  • Unpairing and repairing my fitbit inspire hr with my phone.
  • Moving the charger slightly to see if I can successfully trigger a charge. 
  • I managed to get it to respond enough to restart, but never to charge. 

I am now down to 50% battery from this morning's 75%. This isn't looking good. 

Best Answer

I am getting the same message when I wear my carge 4 ouside in the sun. I gets quite warm an the message comes. This happenede twise on last friday and then again today several times when sitting in the sunshine. The message disappears when the charge 4 gets colder, and I have no problem with regular charging. Can it be that this whatch is not suitable wearing out in the sunshine?

Best Answer

I think this is caused by a bad battery- or bad device design, or poor quality control in manufacturing. Fitbit needs to step up and acknowledge the problem and offer a solution to those of us who are affected.

is anyone listening??

Best Answer

Me too, and I relied on it for work.

Best Answer

Mine did the same.   Appears to happen when outside in the sun when the air ‘or me’ are very warm.  
Tech support suggested 

Put on charger; push and hold side button until smiley face shows; wait until face goes away; go to FItbit app and sync.   Problem should go away.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just an update, guys... I'm pretty sure the battery is just shot. I ended up trying out an Amazfit instead of going back to fitbit. 

Best Answer

Getting the same message. Have just performed the latest update and it still does it. Very annoying when out running. 

Best Answer

I get this often and I have reset the Fitbit multiple times from the device and from the app.

--------------------------------

Did it work for you?

Best Answer

Hey NickM2-

clearly this is a hardware problem if I were in warranty I would request a replacement device.

this has never happened during charging only while wearing; doesn’t have to be warm either.

I can get rid of the message by depressing the side button a few times, holding it a few seconds, not sure which then it functions fine.

my next device will not be a Fitbit. I can deal with flakey devices, or poor customer service, but not both.

Best Answer

Hi again.

I contacted Fitbit Norway and I was offered a new device due to my problems that I describet here on 04-19-2021. This is now in process. I hope the new device will work better.

Best Answer
Thanks!! I’m trying the same.
Good luck!
Dan

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My latest response from FitBit via email.   I haven’t been out in the heat if the day to check it out.   

“Concerning your inquiry, we would like to suggest the troubleshooting steps below: 

1. Try unpairing the device from your account. 
  2. On your phone's Bluetooth menu > tap on the icon next to your Fitbit device > and Press Forget this device.
  3. Restart your Fitbit. 
    1. Connect your Fibit to the charging cable, making sure the connection is secure.
    2. While your device is in the charger: press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted
  4. Keep the connected into the charging cable.In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > Tap Set Up a Device > Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue as a replacement or replace. 
Best Answer
All-
I’ve gotten a resolution to my problem- If you get this message when you are NOT charging, it appears to be a known flaw in some Fitbit devices. Call their customer service number they are very good at responding; a one minute wait for a real person, and a ten minutes discussion, and I have a RMA number and return shipping label to return for replacement my in warrantee device.
Dan

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Mine too.  It is beyond frustrating that Fitbit models are getting worse instead of better.  This one will be my last.

That's when mine happened too.  More than a little ridiculous.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I got this "fix" from a Fitbit tech: swipe over to settings on the device, then "clear user data" (this clears info in the device but not on the app). Then go to the app on your phone and delete the device, then go to set up a new device and follow prompts. Seems to have worked for me as I don't get the message anymore & I have been in the sun a lot the last week.

Best Answer