Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3.0 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After updating to 3.0 my ionic threw a right wobbler and is now dead as a door nail 🤷🏻‍:male_sign:, thankfully the extremely helpful team at FitBit customer service have graciously offered me a replacement so I’ll be back on track in a few days. 

Symptoms i had :-

Heart rate monitor stopped,

Screen started to mess about and would switch randomly,

Home button would not return the screen to the watchface,

Unit appeared to keep resetting,

Finally the screen shows nothing but seems to be trying as a backlight is visible. 

Strangely the app seems to sync up but I can’t do anything with the Ionic at all. 

I dont know if know if the fault is directly related to the update or if my Ionic just developed a fault but as I will receive a new device I can’t complain.

Hope no one else suffers the same 

Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hey interesting.  I got mine replaced because it crashed randomly after a factory reset to new on .19 firmware.  Fitbit could see that data on their computer systems so immediately offered a replacement.  They did so without me even asking for one.  That happened within the first week of ownership.  The second one is better so far.

But noticed Fitbit and many users have reported and acknowledged “battery issues” plus many other problems like yours occurring after 3.0 was pushed out.  Seems that the code was not ready for prime time to the masses.

My 3.0 download and update actually went fine taking only 10 minutes.  But did have to ignore pop-ups saying to stop and re-download etc.  Is a buggy experience this Ionic experience to say the least.

Really tho -> the problems you had and I had should not have occurred in the first place.  That is the take-away.  Firing off a replacement was the correct thing to do for any defective device.  So that was proper.  Just makes me concerned why so many are replaced and will this one flop as well.  Fitbit has admitted there are “known issues” with hardware and software.  

My guess is this one direct from Fitbit has different internals.  Maybe yours will as well.  But who knows -> as many have reported multiple replacements have been duds.  Keep your fingers crossed.  Mine are.

Vote if this helps you at all and Vote if this is a solution to your issue [Current Leader in Ionic Forum with 15 Solutions + Thumbs Up 92]
Really there is no need to suffer in Frustration - simply call Tech Support at 877-623-4997 and get your Ionic replaced right now while you can
Many have followed this straightforward advice and now have a replacement Ionic - we all should have “zero tolerance” for any defective Ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes