Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A small hole under the bottom band

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey,

i just goy my Fitbit ionic for Christmas yesterday and I got another band for it. When I removed the band on the bottom, I saw a tiny hole and I was wondering what that was.

thanks for any help and please don’t make this a different topic.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@iHasTurtlez I am not really sure what that hole is for, but to make a logical guess it could be for reading barometric pressure.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Are you able to post a picture of this? It's hard to visualise what you are talking about without one. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

F045EA10-55E7-40B3-93BA-68614E376D8B.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@iHasTurtlez I am not really sure what that hole is for, but to make a logical guess it could be for reading barometric pressure.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@iHasTurtlez thanks for the picture. I've never noticed that on mine before now. Like @Jeff6584 says, I would also guess that is for the barometer. That will be how your Ionic determines change in pressure and uses that data to calculate how many floors you have climbed. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

I’m really glad I found this thread. I was baffled how the ionic could determine in air pressure if it was completely sealed for waterproofing. Now I know the secret. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it possible to clean the barometer without damaging it?  My floor count accuracy has been way out of whack the past few days and I’m guessing it’s becauce the barometer hole is plugged or dirty. Thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RatedE wrote:

Is it possible to clean the barometer without damaging it?  My floor count accuracy has been way out of whack the past few days and I’m guessing it’s becauce the barometer hole is plugged or dirty. Thoughts?

It's worth remembering other things can effect the floor count/reading, for example if it's a windy day, changes in air pressure. It's very possible any number of these are effecting your device.

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

True - we’re currently experiencing very heavy smoke in our area because of forest fires and that could be affecting air pressure too...will see if that changes when the air clears 🙂

Best Answer

Just by way of an update....things are back to normal with the floor count on my Ionic (back to the usual 30-40 floors per day instead of 200+)  Not sure if that was a result of slightly less forest fire smoke in the air, or from me cleaning out that hole in the watch.  Either way - I'm just glad it's accurate again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to hear it's working again! Thanks for the update. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer