Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating Deezer on my Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The last firmware update added the Deezer app.  I enter the activation code from the Ionic on fitbit.com/deezer.  Went through the process of creating my account, signing up for the free trial and using Paypal for the money side.  It says  Go to Deezer settings in the Fitbit mobile app to add music.  I went to the Fitbit app on my smartphone and cannot find Deezer there.  My laptop either.  When I click on the Deezer app on the Ionic it asks me to enter the same activation code online.  Where am I going wrong?

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

@rbjosh1 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for downloading the new Deezer app for Ionic.

I believe you are doing it right, just missing the last steps. The Deezer app on the Fitbit app should be showing under "Media" option. Open Fitbit app > Account > Media < Deezer.

You should be able to add music from there. If you keep experiencing the same I'd recommend checking the steps on this helpful article. There is a section called "I'm having trouble activating Deezer". That should help too.

Also, it is needed to have a paid subscription for Deezer to work on Ionic. Not sure if using the free trial will affect. However, try the steps above and let me know the outcome!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Thanks for your response but that doesn't work. It doesn't appear to be possible to get rid of the activation code. I have installed the the app, downloaded songs and tried to sync them to my phone, but can't get rid of the activation code on my Ionic.

Best Answer

yeah i have the same issue 

Best Answer

I am having the same problem! 

Best Answer

I managed to get it sorted last night. 

I activated the free version. 
Added my list 
went to the media settings went to deezer settings

connected it to my wifi 
then force sync through deezer 
then my ionic started to upload the music on the watch 

connect my wireless and presto 

Best Answer

I got the deezer phone app just incase 

with deezer i ensure that the media part was connected to my wifi in my house

top right corner there are three dots that and it comes down with this menu. you need to force sync make sure both your phone and watch have enough battery. then the music playlist should download on to your watch. connect to wireless headphones and you are good to go

30073714_10156606841664162_1988358085_o.jpg

hope this works for you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gengenfitness Welcome to the Fitbit family! I'm glad to hear you were able to sort this out! Thanks for posting the workaround that helped you out and also for sharing a screen shot. I'm sure this will be helpful for other users too.

@KiwiCrusader @PWNDS It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting this situation with Deezer activation on Ionic.

I'd recommend trying the workaround shared above as it is the right way to sort this out. I'm sure that should help you out to get Deezer finally activated.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

My problem is that i cant do the last step. Deezer are in the media section on the fitbit app, but when i click it, nothing happens? Its there but I cant use it. And the endless cycle of activation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reinstalling the fitbit app on the phone solved the issue..

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BrdWiliam I hope you're doing well! Thanks for your interest in using the Deezer App for Ionic. Thanks for trying those steps!

I'm glad to hear that you are back on track now by reinstalling the Fitbit app. Thanks for sharing the workaround that helped you out. I'm sure other users who might be experiencing the same will find this very helpful.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

Thanks again for sharing. See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

after i put in my code it gives me an error and then won't let me go any further

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lucyloiselle Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for sharing the situation you are experiencing with the Deezer App on Ionic.

What kind of error message is it giving you?

Could you please share a picture showing this error message? That way I can investigate more to help you out. 

Also, have you tried the workaround here? This has helped other users in the past. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Been struggling with the same issue for a couple of days.

No matter what I did I could not activate the subscription.

I got the code just fine on the Ionic, and went to fitbit.com/deezer and entered said code, but I was not forwarded to the page were you have to enter you Deezer username and password.

I even did a reset on the watch several times. So I decided to do the following:

Uninstalled the Deezer app. Shut down the Ionic. Restarted it, and reinstalled the Deezer app. 

On the watch I then opened the Deezer app got the code, and entered the code...and miracle happened I was forwarded to the Deezer login page.

(Another issue is to watch out for - make sure the Fitbit app on your phone is actually logged on to you wifi network before you start syncing music)

Hope anyone having issues can activate the app using the above method.

Windows 10 Pro, Linux - Fitbit Alta HR, Fitbit Ionic
Best Answer
0 Votes

Z3TV86MJ

Best Answer
0 Votes