Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Minutes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cannot believe that I am having to post on this subject for yet another Fitbit device.

I purchased my Ionic on 23rd June 2018, which replaced a Samsung Gear Fit 2 and prior to that a Fitbit Blaze, both of which I returned for a refund due to multiple issues with the devices.

Having owned my Ionic for 5 days I have noticed that, like with the Blaze, it underestimates my daily Active Minutes and randomly fails to record Active Minutes for some of my activities.

Active Minutes is my main exercise goal and was one of the reasons I returned the Blaze to Fitbit after less than 2 weeks.

For the 10 months I owned a Charge 2 prior to purchasing these devices I had no issue with it recording my Active Minutes.

For example, today I went on two cycle rides and two walks which I tracked with GPS.  I was active for a total of 87.23 Active Minutes which were all within the three heart rate zones.  However, my Ionic has logged just 39 Active Minutes for the first cycle ride and first walk combined, whilst recording 0 Active Minutes for a 1.04 mile walk and 1.50 mile cycle ride.

Besides cycling and walking I am a fairly active person and my Charge 2 used to record Active Minutes throughout the day to reflect this, whereas with the Ionic most of my daily activities do not count towards Active Minutes.

I really do not wish to even consider having to return yet another Fitbit as I really love the Ionic, but it seems incongruous to me that a device that cost twice the price of my Charge 2 should come up short in such basic functionality as Active Minutes.

I would be very grateful for any advice that might help resolve this issue.  I have attached screenshots of today's activities below.

Thanks.

Marc

Screenshot_2018-06-28 Fitbit - Activities.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Marc_PL it looks like you posted the same topic twice, here is the other thread where we discussed METs and active calories:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Active-Minutes/m-p/2802458

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bbarrera  I have no idea how this thread was created. 

Best Answer
0 Votes