Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Zone Minutes Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello All.  When Fitbit's update replaced active minutes with active zone minutes, I removed my watch and placed it in the drawer intent on revisiting it, with the hopes that Fitbit would correct this massive misstep.  The reasons why users do not like this active zone minutes has been explained well by other users on this board.  No reason for me to repeat. Today, after some time I removed the watch from the drawer and reinstalled the app on my phone.  Fired up the watch and I see this active zone minutes is still in effect.  Now the watch will go in the garbage.  Fitbit is also very arrogant to ignore their users requests for an option to use active minutes.  I guess they are only interested in Tri-athletes  Lots of other alternatives to use for the casual user that wants to track their activity.  Bye.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Actually what Fitbit is following is recommendations from CDC and American Heart Association, but I won't bother with full references I have posted before.

So I gather Active Minutes were the only measurement from your Ionic that use had any use for, so without Active Minutes it is of no use to you, right?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Thanks Johnny.  Honestly yes, the active minutes was my number 1 metric.  It is what I used most.  I also liked the sleep function, but the lack of seeing real active minutes is a de-motivator for me.  Brisk walking, which is a favorite of mine, no longer registers.  Regardless of CDC and American Heart Association, I am sure there is a benefit in brisk walking.  This watch was a positive part of my life for many years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand  the frustration of this.  There certainly is benefit to brisk walking, and any movement.  I think new guidelines were meant to emphasize added benefit of more vigorous exercise, but one can dispute the cutoffs limits.

Actually I think you can still see old Active Minutes on fitbit.com dashboard, and some third-party clock faces still show Active Minutes, though obviously no guarantee those will continue.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes