Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add new locations and banks for Fitbit Pay

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The only supported banks in Canada are Royal Bank and Capital One. I don't use either one, my card is with CIBC. What are the plans to get the other banks on board?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

And other countries? What's the situation for the UK regarding this? We have the infrastructure with contactless payments accepted almost everywhere. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

@TwoBit @N8teGee We’re constantly adding new locations and banks to our list of partners, so check back often to see if your payment card is supported.

I will also make sure to keep you all informed when I hear of new banks and locations getting added to our list of partners.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

As we're only just over a week away from the release date, is there any info yet on which, if any, UK banks are supporting Fitbit Pay? Surely you must have got someone on board this close to launch? For me, this one is going to be a dealbreaker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't heard anything regarding the UK, I too am interested to know.

It certainly wouldn't be unusual for a manufacturer to release a service in the US first though. Just look how long it took for Apple pay, Google pay and Samsung pay to release in the UK after they had been available for months in the US. I'd like to be proven wrong, but I certainly wouldn't hold my breath. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My two banks in the US aren't available yet. One of the cards is Chase (airline miles!) and supported on Apple Pay from day 1. The other is my Costco Visa card (Citi) and it was on Apple Pay from the day we got it last year (after Costco dropped American Express). I see web reports of new banks being added by Apple Pay, and would expect we will see the same with Fit Pay.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

Hi,

I'm in Canada and just received my Fitbit Ionic.  The fitbit app has the wallet icon on the app screen and them or quickly disappears as an option once the unit updates.  It shows that it's installed in the My apps listing and on the watch but I can't set it up.

Best Answer

Per Fitbit, the Fitbit Pay is not connected yet.  Once it is, you will notice a small wheel sprocket on the far right side of the WALLET App (like Weather, Strava and Starbucks).  Hopefully, it will become available on the official launch day.  Enjoy your Ionic, it has surpassed my expectations thus far!!!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer
Thanks so much! Looking forward to it 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

@bbarrera wrote:

My two banks in the US aren't available yet. One of the cards is Chase (airline miles!) and supported on Apple Pay from day 1. The other is my Costco Visa card (Citi) and it was on Apple Pay from the day we got it last year (after Costco dropped American Express). I see web reports of new banks being added by Apple Pay, and would expect we will see the same with Fit Pay.

I hope Chase is among the new banks that have been added.

Best Answer

Does anyone know which banks are supported in Germany? 

Fenix 5 Plus. Previously Ionic and Surge. Google Pixels 3 and 5. Aria. Chromebook. Deezer and Audible.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I also vote for adding Chase. I am really surprised it is not already on the list since it is one of the largest financial institutions in the US.

Best Answer

Just received my Fitbit ionic in Canada. When are you adding fitbit pay support here?

Best Answer

It's up to the banks to allow this and to provide a Digital Account Number for the cards...some banks are slower than others at providing this to new services.  Unfortunately a Chase customer myself 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

In Belgium, bank KBC supports contactless payment with nfc.

But i don't have a tile wallet to add my card. In the apps menu i can only install or unistall... is it because of my location?

Please don't forget there's a continent named Europe as well 😉

Kris.

Best Answer

Any news on adding Chase Bank in the U.S.?

Best Answer

ING in Romania would be an awesome addition!

Best Answer

Since this is up to the banks, the best way to get them to support FitBit Pay is to contact the banks themselves and ask for the support. If they currently support Apple pay, Samsung Pay, or Android Pay, it might be worth mentioning that they already do what you're asking, just not on your preferred platform.

Ionic - Lumia 950XL w/Windows 10 mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s 2018 can we have more mainstream banks added to Fitbit pay for the UK please. Such as Halifax, Santander, NatWest, Lloyds etc. The current 2 unknown supported bank partners for the UK is very disappointing and needs to be improved ASAP. It’s been months since the feature was released can we have an update surrounding the expected rollout and which banks are expected to support Fitbit pay in the near future?
Best Answer

There seems to be slow take-up of banks in the UK for Fitbit Pay.   I've contacted both Lloyds Bank and M&S Bank and they both say that they 'have no plans' or 'not aware of any plans' to support it.

Disappointing as an earlier poster says that the UK infrastructure is well supported.

(plus both of these banks support Andrioid Pay and Apple Pay)

Best Answer