Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add nike + running apps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dear fitbit,

I’m a nike+ running community,it’s so happy to me if i can use a nike+ running apps to my new ionic.Recommended to add the apps. Please and thanks. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Hazizul18 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing that suggestions. It is a very interesting idea.

However. I was making some research on the Feature Suggestions Board and was able to find this idea which is asking for the same, but it was categorized as "Not Currently Planned" already. Please check it out for more details. 

In addition, the launch of Fitbit Ionic has given the opportunity to allow third party developers to develop apps for the Fitbit App Gallery through our SDK, providing opportunities to offer even more features and apps.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
20 REPLIES 20

@Hazizul18 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing that suggestions. It is a very interesting idea.

However. I was making some research on the Feature Suggestions Board and was able to find this idea which is asking for the same, but it was categorized as "Not Currently Planned" already. Please check it out for more details. 

In addition, the launch of Fitbit Ionic has given the opportunity to allow third party developers to develop apps for the Fitbit App Gallery through our SDK, providing opportunities to offer even more features and apps.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.

Could you please tell us the reason why this feature request has been categorised as "Not Currently Planned". Why is it not being done? Maybe we can help?

Best Answer

I'm quite sure the reason is that Fitbit has reached an agreement with Adidas to make a branded version of the Ionic hence Nike is out of the game. The same could be said for Spotify versus Pandora.

Having said that @SantiRis defintiely right saying that the SDK is available and anybody could make an application to submit to Fitbit for release. It is definitely not Fitbit duty to make an app for any service out there. Still it is quite embarrassing that after several months very few major players release their app for the Fitbit OS 😞

Best Answer

@Umgijimi Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for question and for offering your help! 

Please take a look at this thread to check how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released or not released. I'm sure you will find those FAQs very useful! @Giampi71

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, even though Fitbit makes availible its SDK to third party developers so they can make their apps availible to Fitbit’s platform, as a customer i think Fitbit should be more proactive. Here is an extract of a web article in which is stated that a manufacturer took the initiative to support Nike’s app: “Runners who are part of the Nike+ Run Club just gained the ability to use even more wearable devices in their never-ending pursuit to improve performance. Polar on Tuesday announced that it will begin supporting Nike's popular run-tracking system on several of its devices, including the M430 and M600 GPS watches. The update comes as part of Polar's Polar Flow data-syncing platform, which is available on the web, as well as Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android.” Please listen to your customer base and make support for this app available. This is going to make your product more attractive to potential buyers.

Best Answer

Agreed. Nice supporting. 

Best Answer

Checked out the locked thread. Kinda lame that they can’t do this and that customer feedback doesn’t matter to fitbit.

Best Answer

@Runner345 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for providing your feedback regarding the decision of an integration with Nike +.

The idea was marked as "Not Currently Planned". However, Fitbit allows third party developers to develop apps for the Fitbit App Gallery through their SDK, providing opportunities to offer even more features and apps to its global Fitbit community from its developer community.

See you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m surprised this request hasn’t had more votes. Fitbit should be supporting the costumers who’ve remained loyal instead of switching to competitors like Apple Watch as well. No reason why the link could not be done

Best Answer

Yes, there is an obvious reason and it's the Fitbit partnership with Adidas, that, as you might know, it's a Nike competitor.

Having said this, with the current SDK available, Nike could definitely make an app for Fitbit OS.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's ridiculous I had to switch to Garmin coz it syncs with NRC. Why has Fitbit not resolved this? 

Best Answer

Why has Fitbit not resolved this despite us telling them that we want to sync our data to NRC. I've switched to Garmin and telling other friends to do the same

Best Answer

Because it's not Fitbit that should solve the problem, rather Nike.

I wonder if you asked Nike before to complain here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @kmk87 and @SunsetRunner, thanks for stopping by! Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit devices. 

Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

As my friend @SantiR mentioned, Fitbit allows third party developers to develop apps for the Fitbit App Gallery through their SDK, providing opportunities to offer even more features and apps to its global Fitbit community from its developer community.

For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

Thanks for you help here @Giampi71

Let us know if there's anything else we may do to assist. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been a continuous Fitbit user for about 4-5 years now ...

About 2-3 years ago, there was a Fitbit developer that did exactly that ... he developed an interface to match Fitbit steps with NRC.  The reason I know if because I used it myself for about 2 years, and it worked great! But when this developer retired, the interface became unsupported.

Too bad no one maintained the API.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So your response was to tell the user to create (code) an integration to connect the Fitbit app and the Nike plus app?  Has the Fitbit team reached out to the Nike team to collaborate or do you view each other as competitors somehow?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That argument could be made both ways. Its not helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup. I'm doing the same. My Fitbit was something I got for work competitions, but I'll be using another type of watch soon because this is ridiculous. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not directing the user to do anything ... what I said was there WAS an interface (API) developed and maintained by a Fitbit developer (perhaps in his spare time as a runner) that performed exactly what the group is asking - it merged Fitbit and Nike + data.  I used it for at least a year.  Unfortunately, he retired and the interface stopped working, so I removed it from my Applications authorization interface.  I wish I had kept it, so I could name it specifically.  But what I do remember that his screen name seems to indicate an Eastern European origin.

Best Answer
0 Votes