Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afraid to buy one of these

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just looking through some of the topics/comments on here, and I’m kinda hesitant to buy an Ionic.  I have an Inspire HR, and love it but was looking to upgrade to something more in the smartwatch category.  The Ionic has pretty much what I’m looking for, but I don’t want battery and connectivity issues a short period of time later.  Am I better going with the Versa, or should I even bother with Fitbit smartwatches?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

People come here to complain. Actually most boards are like this. You never see postive.

I have many fitbit's I love them all and the work perfectly.

You as a buyer need to take time to read about your device and see what it does

They all have a manual you can read which most people dont bother with

Manual
If you click on HELP at the top of the forum. Then click on what device you have at the very top you will see product manual. It can help with a lot of your questions you might have.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Wendy is sugarcoating the truth.  I wonder what it takes to get the label "community legend" from a company that exhibits such consistently poor customer service and has a product that has manifold problems from obvious corner-cutting in both manufacturing and development?

Examples:

Battery life issues. 

Outdated Bluetooth tech.

Inconsistent biometric tracking.  (try comparing your pulse rate manually to what the IONIC tells you.)

Terrible GPS.

Ask yourself why you should drop such coin on this product when better choices are out there. 

Read the forums and witness the awful replies that the mods give in robotic lock-step to those who complain about these problems. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.  I’m sure most that complain are in the minority, but there are still a frightening amount of issues that people seem to have with the Ionic.  If it wasn’t $200+ I wouldn’t mind gambling on buying one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And what will HELP tell me about the bad Bluetooth tech that is a HARDWARE issue? 

Will HELP resolve the problem I have as of yesterday, wherein my IONIC will not charge, at all, despite my having exhausted all the options listed in HELP?  

Will HELP fix the terrible GPS issue, or the easily verifiable bad biometric tracking?

I'll save you your answer.  No, it won't, because I scoured that manual *and* I asked the mods, and neither was useful in any way. 

Best Answer
0 Votes