Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After battery died, Ionic won't restart

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello. After my battery died, I recharged my Ionic overnight. The next morning the Fitbit logo keeps cycling on the screen, and will not progress. The logo stays on the screen for 13 seconds, then goes black for a second and turns back on. Repeat. 

I have read thru the different community suggestions, and have tried the 2 button reset and 3 button reset. Neither does anything, though the 3 button does interrupt the pattern and restart it, but noting else changes.

I have also tried deleting the Ionic from my device and doing a clean install, but my device can not find the Ionic, even after the 3-button reset has been done.

This has happened before, and I was able to successfully restart my Ionic using the above method, though I lost the ability to transfer info to my Fitbit Wallet.

Any suggestions would be great. The device is not even two years old, so I cannot believe it suffered a failure.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @pio_near.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Ionic. Thank you for trying to get them resolved before contacting us.

To resolve battery issues, we recommend following these troubleshooting steps.

If you followed our recommendations without luck, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My battery died and I've charged it but now it will not turn on, I've tried the soft reset and hard factory reset. But although the screen looks like it's doing something, and minimal slightly blue hazy light..... The logo doesn't appear. It's vibrating and the green light is flashing on the back.

GarageBand App

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Irwin354.

Currently, there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches.

For more information, please visit this thread.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes