Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm vibration

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use the alarm occasionally on my Fitbit ionic. I could have sworn it vibrated until you hit snooze or turned it off. I set it this morning and I didn’t wake up to the alarm. I then tried to set it for a new time to see and it only vibrates about 3-4 times before the screen just stays lit up which is worthless. I have only used the alarm a few times since I have had it. I also wore my ionic in the pool for the first time so I am not sure if the function was affected or if the alarm just doesn’t work as well as my old surge. Can I change the vibration duration so it doesn’t turn off until I stop the alarm? Is my Fitbit ionic malfunctioning? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No, your Ionic is functioning correctly. It only vibrates for a short time. If you dont turn it off though, it will repeat in 9 minutes. You can change the vibration strength if that helps you to feel it (Settngs App on the watch). I find mine very effective, but I guess differsnt people need different strengths of wake up alarms.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

No, your Ionic is functioning correctly. It only vibrates for a short time. If you dont turn it off though, it will repeat in 9 minutes. You can change the vibration strength if that helps you to feel it (Settngs App on the watch). I find mine very effective, but I guess differsnt people need different strengths of wake up alarms.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I think with the most recent update the alarm finally does just keep buzzing until you dismiss it. Hopefully they keep this feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm pretty sure it should keep vibrating until you hit snooze. Mine has recently malfunctioned and no vibration is felt at all on any strength
Best Answer
0 Votes