Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All About Fitbit Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ionic_product.png

The following are answers to some common questions about Fitbit Ionic:

Device Basics 

What is Fitbit Ionic?

Fitbit Ionic is the watch designed for life. Find the guidance to reach your goals with dynamic personal coaching, built-in GPS and continuous heart rate. Stay motivated by storing and playing 300+ songs and get inspired by a global fitness community. Plus, get convenient access to popular apps, payments on your wrist, and a battery life of up to 5 days.

What comes in the box?

• Ionic watch
  • A charging cable
  • Both a Large and a Small classic wristband

Additional detachable wristbands are available separately in a variety of colors and materials.

What is Ionic made of?

As Fitbit’s strongest, lightest GPS watch ever, Ionic features a sleek, unibody watch case made from aerospace-grade 6000 series aluminum. The high-resolution color touchscreen features Corning Gorilla Glass 3, crisp graphics and amplified brightness up to 1000 nits.

What are the dimensions of Ionic?

Display Size: 29 x 21mm
Display Resolution: 348 x 250 pixels
Watch Width: 38mm
Watch Thickness: 12mm

Which apps are available for Ionic, and how will I download them?

You'll be able to install apps for fitness, finance, social, sports and more from the Fitbit App Store. Get instant access to important information like weather and sports updates, and use familiar favorite apps like Starbucks, Pandora, and Strava.

App availability may vary by region. More apps to come.

How much music can be stored on Fitbit Ionic?

You can store and play over 300 songs with 2.5GB of onboard memory. Leave your phone behind and tune in with just your watch!

Can I make purchases using Ionic?

The built-in NFC chip and Fitbit Pay will allow you to securely add credit and debit cards to your watch and make payments directly from your wrist

We’re constantly adding new locations and banks to our list of partners, so check back often to see if your payment card is supported.

Does Ionic receive notifications from my phone?

You can choose to have texts, calls, calendar and app alerts appear on your Ionic while your phone is nearby.

Is Ionic compatible with Bluetooth headsets like Fitbit Flyer?

You can bring music on your Ionic watch to life by connecting it to wireless Bluetooth headphones like Fitbit Flyer.

Tracking Your Activity

What activity can Ionic track?

Ionic will track all of the following:

• All-day activity (steps, distance, floors climbed, active minutes and calories burned)
  • Heart rate (continuous tracking, real-time heart rate zones, and overall resting heart rate)
  • Runs, rides, and other specific workouts with Multi-Sport
  • Automatic recognition of runs, sports, and aerobic workouts with SmartTrack
  • Swim workouts with lap count, duration and calorie burn 
  • GPS activities (built-in GPS records pace, distance, elevation, split times, and route mapping)
  • Cardio Fitness Score
  • Sleep (total time and sleep stages)

Can I wear Ionic while swimming?

Fitbit Ionic can be worn in the pool up to 50 meters, and will track swim workouts with stats like lap counting, duration and calories burned.

How does Ionic help me to relax?

Find moments of calm throughout the day by following personalized guided breathing sessions based on your heart rate.

How does Ionic keep me moving?

Get on screen Reminders to Move that help you to stay active throughout the day by encouraging you to mini-goals of 250 steps per hour.

How does Ionic track my sleep?

Using PurePulse heart rate, Fitbit Ionic tracks your time spent in light, deep and REM sleep stages to help you better understand your sleep quality.

Ordering

In what colors and sizes will Ionic be available?

Ionic can be purchased with a ⦿Charcoal⦿Blue Gray, or ⦿Slate Blue wristband.

• Small fits a wrist between 5.5 - 6.7 inches in circumference (140 - 170 mm)
  • Large fits a wrist between 6.7 - 8.1 inches in circumference (170 - 206 mm)

Can I purchase alternate wristbands for Ionic?

Additional classic wristbands, sports bands, and leather accessory wristbands are available in the Fitbit Store.

How much will Fitbit Ionic and its accessory wristbands cost?

• Fitbit Ionic - $299.95 USD
  • Classic high-performance elastomer band - $29.95 USD (included with Ionic)
  • Sports band (Black/Charcoal, Cobalt/LimeCoral/Blue Gray) - $29.95 USD
  • Perforated Leather band (⦿Cognac or ⦿Midnight Blue) - $59.95 USD

When can I order my Ionic?

Ionic is currently available for pre-order and can be found in the Fitbit Store.

When will my pre-order purchase be charged to my credit card?
Your card will be charged when your order ships.

Is there an upgrade/trade-in program to exchange my current device?

No, Fitbit does not currently offer a watch exchange program.

When will Ionic begin shipping to customers and retailers?

Ionic is scheduled to begin shipping in September 2017 in the US and Canada.

When will Ionic be available internationally?

Fitbit Ionic will be available in some international regions in October, and around the world in 2018.

Best Answer
0 REPLIES 0