Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow 3rd party fitness apps to integrate with exercise log

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit needs to allow 3rd party fitness apps to integrate with the fitness log in the Fitbit app. It almost makes the ionic worthless if I can’t use another fitness app and log that fitness within the ionic or Fitbit. I may not be using the propriety Fitbit exercise app, but I’m doing a fitness exercise which should at least have the ability to integrate and perhaps even be noted on the logged activity as “logged per 3rd party app —-“. 

For example, if I do a triathlon, the three exercises are timed in the triathlon app, but I won’t be able to see those activities logged in the Fitbit exercise log within Fitbit. If the integration was allowed, you could perhaps see each activity logged with a note “logged per 3rd party Triathlon app”. 

Another example is MySwimPro app. If I use the app on the ionic, it will not show that activity in the Fitbit exercise log unless I go and log it myself manually. It puts the Fitbit at a huge disadvantage to other exercise watches such as the Apple Watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Thoar,

Good idea. Have you checked out the Strava app? It has pretty tight integration, and according to the article below, you can sync activities both Strava-to-Fitbit and Fitbit-to-Strava.

https://blog.fitbit.com/fitbit-x-strava/

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I’m talking for other apps. There seems to be favoritism between which apps can integrate. Strava also does not let you perform any exercises on Fitbit, it merely logs the ones you do. See the examples of what apps are providing exercise services and are not letting us log exercises in the Fitbit. There are more exercise apps like these two, but I used them as examples. 

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes