Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always on display on the Iconic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The whole reason I have a Surge right now and not a Blaze is because the Surge has a (sort-of) always-on watch face. Pushing a button or wrist flicking is problematic when carrying stuff or when taking a quick glance. Please make this option configurable, so we can choose to take a big hit on battery life in order to get the always-on display option we need.  Thanks.

Update 09/13/2017: Here is the link to the feature request specific to the Ionic - https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Always-on-display-on-the-Iconic/idi-p/2181208 

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103

I kind of figured that is what happened but wasn't to concearned. 

Best Answer

I use the countdown timer when I have a specific time that I need to meet while not watching the clock. I especially use this feature for counting respirations on pediatric patients

Best Answer

There are some watch faces that allow you to enable “always on” in their settings. Just make sure you have easy access to recharging 😉

Best Answer

Someone needs to make a very dim, very few pixel analog face with a sweep second hand. The always on faces that I've seen so far are very pixel intensive, so of course they are battery hogs. 

I also wish a developer would find a way to have the display stay on when you wanted to stay on and revert back to its usually off status when you don't want it to stay on. So many people need to be able to see the time pass for an event they're doing, especially medical personnel.

Best Answer
Which ones? I looked and looked trying to find that and saw not a one.

--
Scott
Best Answer
0 Votes

(Accidental double post - sorry)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Off the top of my head, CDF Digital Classic has that option I think.  

Best Answer

"Nothing Special".  

Best Answer
0 Votes
You have to go to every watch face, load it, then go to Settings in order
to find them.

I don't remember the other ones that I found, other than Nothing Special
(which I'm using), but they were either in the Digital or Stats Heavy.
There were at least two more.

A lot of new options were added to several watch faces on the last Fitbit
update
Kathleen Smith
Kathleensmith138@gmail.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

A lot of the clock faces have a description and tell you that it has an all ways on display settings. 

I have stumbled into a few, but for me this is not needed, simply rotating my wrist turns the display on, every time. 

Best Answer
Thank you so much for the lead! Trying CDF Digital Classic now.

--
Scott
Best Answer
I don't show that watch face on my options. Do you maybe have an iPhone
that may have different options?

--
Kathleen Smith
kathleensmith138@gmail.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

There was an update for the android app a while back that opened up a bunch of new clock faces.  Check for an update, I guess.

Best Answer
0 Votes

At least consider having a dimmed clock always on that can be illuminated brighter when tilted please.

Best Answer

There is a watch face named "Nothing Special' in the "Clocks" section. This has a setting for "Always On". It drains about 5% of battery per hour, but has solved this problem for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found the CDF Digital classic one to be a bit of a battery hog in general use, it also made my Ionic quite laggy swiping through the main menu. I wouldn't like to think what it would be like with the always on display turned on too. Once I changed to my original stats clock face both issues went away. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

@N8teGee wrote:

I found the CDF Digital classic one to be a bit of a battery hog in general use, it also made my Ionic quite laggy swiping through the main menu. I wouldn't like to think what it would be like with the always on display turned on too. Once I changed to my original stats clock face both issues went away. 

I’ve found the screens can lag a bit too but I quite like the retro face 😕 It doesn’t always happen and am putting up with it for the moment. Battery life doesn’t appear too impacted by it.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Yes it definitely is one of the better looking 3rd party faces in my opinion. I'm hoping it may be optimised in further updates. The UI lagginess started to irritate me though and I also found that the raise to wake wasn't always as responsive. Still a good effort. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

@N8teGee I've just looked at the "full" app on Playstore and it almost makes me wish I had android (😱) A full collection of very nice looking watches. Shame it's not available on iOS 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@N8teGee I've just looked at the "full" app on Playstore and it almost makes me wish I had android (😱) A full collection of very nice looking watches. Shame it's not available on iOS 

Ah yes I forgot about that, I did purchase it and it's actually still on my phone. There are a nice selection in there, the developer regularly updates it with new faces. I wonder if he will ever develop an IOS version for our Apple friends. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer