Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get an Amazon refund for the Ionic?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone been successful getting a refund from either Fitbit or Amazon beyond the 30 day Amazon return window? After 6 months of (faulty) use my Ionic screen completely died. Fitbit has offered a replacement, and Amazon has referred me to the Fitbit warranty. I don’t want another buggy FItbit product that doesn’t perform. I want my money back.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone.

Currently there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches. For more information, please visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic.

I wanted to let you know that I'm going to close this thread to keep the Community organized and prevent any confusion. 

Have a great rest of your day.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I don't think you'll have any luck with fitbit. Their warranty policy provides for a replacement of a defective product but not a refund.

"If such a defect arises and a return authorization request is received by Fitbit within the applicable Warranty Period, Fitbit will, at its option and to the extent permitted by law, either (1) repair the Product at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts or (2) replace the Product with a new or refurbished Product"

Best Answer

That is another thing that worries me about accepting a replacement, the word “refurbished”. I’ve had so many problems with the device new out of the box that I don’t want to risk getting a “refurbished” unit and having even more issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will Amazon except a sense watch back which has been opened and setup, just found out I cant store my music on it  so not really suitable.I wished I read up more about it before purchase

Best Answer
0 Votes

@john208   You need to check Amazon's return policy for an open item, but in the 30 day return period.  Many buyers open all kinds of items, then find out that it's not what they expect.  It's possible you might get a full refund.  How's that for a completely wishy-washy answer?  Amazon can always sell it as a Used - Like New product.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@john208 yes, at least in the UK, I had no problem with full refund from Amazon as long as I sent my Sense back within 30 days as not fit for purpose.

Best Answer

Cheers I like the watch but I can not believe you cant put your own music on it without a subscription,I just read the part on the comparison chart stating "Store & play music" thinking that I could.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

Currently there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches. For more information, please visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic.

I wanted to let you know that I'm going to close this thread to keep the Community organized and prevent any confusion. 

Have a great rest of your day.

Best Answer