Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcement: Ionic adidas edition!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all. 

We are proud to announce that Fitbit has partnered with adidas to bring you the new Fitbit Ionic: adidas edition!

• The unique adidas Train app, which includes 6 workouts right on your wrist to help you train to be a better runner with step-by-step coaching
  • A signature sports band 
  • An exclusive adidas-designed clock face

For more information on Fitbit Ionic: adidas edition, check out this link

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47

Hi @MattFitbit do you know if the Adidas sports band will be available to buy separately? 

Best Answer

Where can I get the clock face?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm amazed at the comments here! I dont think the Ionic is broken at all. It's my favourite tracker. I really really like mine! 

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

What is the point in not releasing the band as a stand alone purchase? I have seen almost identical blue and white sport bands available from third party sellers, but I would rather purchase an official accessory. If not then I’ll just give my money to some knock off. Does Fitbit really think I’m going to buy a new Ionic less than a month after buying one, just for a sports band?

Best Answer

* Sorry I don't know how to delete this post - realized that the band I was looking at was for a diff tracker.  Disregard! **

From the photos, the Adidas band looks pretty similar to the sports band (in black/gray or blue/green) the site is selling under accessories.  I just started researching the Ionic, so I apologize if I'm wrong.

Best Answer

Hi Matt - I'm just starting to research the Ionic and saw that there's the Adidas Ionic coming out soon.  Are the 6 workouts specifically for running (like helping you pace?) only or does it include additional workouts like the Fitbit Coach app? I've been using various Fitbit trackers for the past several years and have always been interested into upgrading into a smart-watch type tracker as I usually bring my Android phone with my on my outdoor runs for music and GPS tracking.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MattFitbit, thanks for the update.  I just have a question out of curiosity.  Based on the pictures, it looks like the bands for the original Ionic and the Ionic: Addidas Edition will be interchangeable, is that correct?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Davem10 The adidas sports band will not be sold separately. However, we do offer several other colors of sports band on fitbit.com.

@Saku-wan The clock face will only be available for users who have purchased the Ionic: adidas edition. 

@Honulii Yes the adidas Train app will include several guided workouts that are specific to this edition.

These include:

• Dynamic Warm Up: Increase your core temp & get ready to run.

•  

Power Pace: Train the body to be more elastic, forceful & efficient.

•  

Metabolic: Use interval training to boost speed and metabolism.

@DramaQueenDiva That is correct. The bands will be designed the same as the other bands, in terms of latching to the pebble.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Yes Matt there are currently just three official sport bands to choose from. To get a blue and white (Adidas?) one I need to buy the Ionic again, one month after buying this one. That’s obviously not going to happen.

So I’d like to give Fitbit at least £25 for the band only, but (surprise, surprise) Fitbit won’t allow me to do that. So the only option I’ve got is to purchase an identical blue and white band from a third party. You’ve saved me £20!

Thanks for replying and clearing that up for me.

Best Answer

@NellyGwrote:

I'm amazed at the comments here! I dont think the Ionic is broken at all. It's my favourite tracker. I really really like mine! 

Agreed.  I love mine and have had zero issues with it. I'm obsessed!

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

Lucky you, I've had issues straight from the box. Now it crashes and shuts off while I sleep. No I didn't turn it off while sleeping since I have to do a soft reset to turn it back on and the battery wasn't dead. 

Best Answer

So this new edition can make me a better runner than my "standard" ionic?

Thats a bit of a kick in the teeth isn't it? 

I'm guessing the hardware is essentially the same, so the adidas app would run on my ionic, but I will be unable to access it?

Best Answer

@MattFitbit Can you please confirm the Adidas app will not be made available to regular Ionic users? It seems quite a big punishment for all us users who decided to support Fitbit and purchase the Ionic at the launch without waiting all bugs to be ironed out.

(NOTE: had to rewrite my post since evidently the Fitibt moderators were offended by my previous one, I hope this will like them)

Best Answer

Hi everyone thanks for sharing your interest for the Ionic Adidas edition! Robot Very Happy

@DaveM As it was previously mentioned at the moment will not be sold separately but it would be great to have other bands, thanks for your suggestion! 

@Heather-S It's great to hear that you're enjoying your Ionic! Smiley Happy

@oruaM Thanks for sharing your inquiry and performing the restart, could you please share more details about this, are you experiencing this consistently every night? Even after restarting it as you mentioned? 

@Cyclonetog It can help you with new workouts if you're interesting in performing other exercises, the advantage is that you will have them available on the Ionic itself. 

@Giampi71  Fitbit appreciates your loyalty, we hope to see new features implemented in the future. In regards of your inquiry the Adidas workouts will only be available for this special edition since the price is also different compared to the standard one. 

See you around! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

I was one of the many original purchasers of the Ionic, when it was released as a preorder.  I have had NO complaints and extremely minimal issues.  I simply love the Ionic and what Fitbit does!  

So, I have been waiting for this version to drop since it was announced.  I have placed my preorder and am awaiting my shipment update (hopefully prior to March 19th).  

Thanks for the posting and keep up the great moderation!!!!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer

@Honuliiwrote:

Hi Matt - I'm just starting to research the Ionic and saw that there's the Adidas Ionic coming out soon.  Are the 6 workouts specifically for running (like helping you pace?) only or does it include additional workouts like the Fitbit Coach app? I've been using various Fitbit trackers for the past several years and have always been interested into upgrading into a smart-watch type tracker as I usually bring my Android phone with my on my outdoor runs for music and GPS tracking.

Per the specifications on Fitbit page regarding the Ionc Adidas Version, it will have the SPECIAL coaching features from the folks at Adidas in addition to ALL of the regular content for the Ionic. 

Hope that  helps.  As an Ionic owner (since September 2017), I highly recommend the Ionic and if you have been waiting, this would be a great option to purchase!  Good Luck and happy Stepping 🏃🏻‍:male_sign:🏃🏻‍:male_sign:🏃🏻‍:male_sign:

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer

Hi Maginfitbit, is there any chance you could fix your broken pre-order website?  I'm trying to pre-order from the Australian website and Australia is not listed as delivery address.  Very frustrating.  Maybe I'll just buy the gf an apple watch 3 cellular instead,  at least their website isn't broken

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Maginfitbit, website working now. Thanks for the fast response. Gf will be very happy

Best Answer

You said they offer several other colors of sports bands, I only see the 2 options. are other color options coming out through Fitbit or only third party?

Best Answer